Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trade-In ?

russellf

Hi, I had a call from the dealer regarding the first year service due in September.

He asked me if I was happy with the car etc, and I mentioned that I wished that I had choosen the five door version.

He then said that I might be able to trade in for a brand new fiesta in September, for very little or no change to my monthly payments.

I purchased the car on the 3 Year Option Plan.

He has not got back to me yet!!!!.....but does it seem possible???

Hi Russel

It is possible.

My uncle had a 2 year plan with his brand new freelander.

It came to its first service and he rang up for the price and the sales manager did the very same thing.

If i remember correctly The service was 150-250 not completely sure as my uncle does not tell me all the details but the sales manager said for £500 he could p/x his low mileage free lander for a new one which he did.

Just be carefull with contracts etc dont be caught out by any penalty charges.

Jamie

with the option plan you are,putting it very simply,renting the car,with an option to buy.

You have agreed to pay 36 months "rent",you have paid off 12 and have 24 to go.

Ford now want you to commit to another 36 (ie 12 months extra).

This is the whole idea behind options,you never own the car,you simply just keep extending the rental period,

The longer Ford can keep you tied in the better it is for them,as they can keep offering you these "upgrade" deals and keep selling more cars.

They will proberbly say someting like ,"give us £500 and an extra £20 a month and you can have a new car".

As to it being a good deal or not is up to you .

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, have been to the dealer today.

It seems that he made a mistake !!

As I 'enjoyed the benefit of the scrappage scheme' there would be at least another £40p/m to pay.

Still can't understand this, as the used value is still the same?

It seems that I will have this same problem in two years time, unless I find that £2000.

Not happy! Especially as it was the dealer that gave the offer of changing cars.

Still....I still love my car. Better start saving!

To me it doesn't really seem worth starting a whole new contract just to get the same car with a few more doors. A couple of years down the line you could have a new car in the crosshairs and potentially regret it anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club