Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Kaylan Mudflaps Fitted To My Mk7

rocky1722

Finally got round to fitting my new Kaylan mudflaps that I got from Performance Creations.

I previously had the standard ones from PC however you may remember I thought the fit wasn't 100%, especially at the rear. I carried out some alterations to the rear brackets and Performance Creations took my suggestions on board.

They very kindly sent me these Kaylan mudflaps in return for my time. The Kaylan ones are made of a stiffer material and sit really well. I also asked for the rear ones to be made 30mm longer so that the height of the fronts match the rears.

The mudflaps now sit @ 70mm from the road compared to @ 130mm previously however that was before my car got lowered.

Anyway here's some pics but it's very hard to see the mudflaps fully against the black of the tyres.

DSC05842a.jpg

DSC05847a.jpg

DSC05867a.jpg

DSC05870a.jpg

Stephen.

They look really good, were they hard to fit?

They look really good, were they hard to fit?

To be quite honest they are quite awkward to fit. The problem is trying to mark where to drill the holes required as they're marked from behind to get the exact position.

Definately a 2 man job. :rolleyes:

Finally got round to fitting my new Kaylan mudflaps that I got from Performance Creations.

I previously had the standard ones from PC however you may remember I thought the fit wasn't 100%, especially at the rear. I carried out some alterations to the rear brackets and Performance Creations took my suggestions on board.

They very kindly sent me these Kaylan mudflaps in return for my time. The Kaylan ones are made of a stiffer material and sit really well. I also asked for the rear ones to be made 30mm longer so that the height of the fronts match the rears.

The mudflaps now sit @ 70mm from the road compared to @ 130mm previously however that was before my car got lowered.

Anyway here's some pics but it's very hard to see the mudflaps fully against the black of the tyres.

Stephen.

Best looking Mk7 on this site? Could well be... :)

DSC05842a.jpg

DSC05847a.jpg

DSC05867a.jpg

DSC05870a.jpg

Stephen.

Stephen looks really good, where the rear hard to fit? What was the cost for the four approx:

Stephen looks really good, where the rear hard to fit? What was the cost for the four approx:

It's a wee bit fiddly and there's a bit of drilling of the mudflap material to be done. Best with 2 people, luckily my dad is very handy and we fitted them together.

Here's a wee guide from when I fitted my original standard rear flaps :-

Firstly the x2 plastic poppers need to be removed which hold on the rear arch liners.

DSC04736.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

Fit the rear brackets in place and refit the plastic poppers. (Note the original brackets I got from PC didn't have a slot in the side to fit over the lower rear skirt fixings. Slots are now cut into PC's brackets)

DSC04741.jpg

I personally found the rear mudflaps looked best lining up with the edge of the small plastic edge already fixed to the rear bumper.

DSC04780a.jpg

Next fit self tapping screw through the top of the mudflap and fabric arch liner.

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04774b.jpg

Next the tricky bit, trying to mark where you drill the x3 holes required in the mudflaps. We actually found while one of us held the mudflap in the required position, the other took a piece of thick wire or rod with the end hooked round, dipped it in some light coloured paint and then made marks from behind the bracket holes gave a good indication of where you should drill your x3 holes.

Next up is to fit the mudflap to the rear brackets using the bolts and washers provided.

Fitting the front mudflaps :-

We fixed the front brackets on with x3 self tapping screws.

DSC04744.jpg

Again like the rear and using a piece of wire hooked at the end and dipped in a bit of paint we marked where the x3 holes should be drilled through the mudflaps.

After the x3 holes are drilled, fix the mudflap in place with the bolts and washers provided giving you this.

DSC04745.jpg

Note how we've drilled into the plastic end cap that covers the end of the sideskirts and fitted a plastic fastening for extra securing.

This time however we've fitted some number plate fixing sticky strips behind the mudflap where it meets the plastic end cap, saves some drilling.

Hope this helps, if unsure I'm sure a local garage would be prepared to fit them for you.

What was the cost for the four approx:

The price of the standard ones from eBay are £65

Kaylan ones, you're probably speaking around £100 for a set.

How long did it take you to fit?

How long did it take you to fit?

I would say a good 3 to 4 hrs.

• 5 months later...

Got mine today, shall use your guide to attempt to fit them tomorrow!

*sorry to dig up old post, but saves me bookmarking it!*

Only thing I've done different to the fronts this time is I didn't fit the plastic poppers into the plastic front sideskirt covers. This time I've used double sided sticky tape (the kind used for putting on numberplates) instead of drilling holes, however I see the tape has since come away. I suppose it'll be with all the crap that's being flung about just now. I'll renew the sticky strips when I give the car the full works in the spring. ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club