Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zeroing Trip Counter

aub

Have just bought a 2008 new shape Fiesta Zetec, so far a great motor, but am having trouble resetting the trip counter. I have been back to the garage twice, they seem to be able to do it but I cant. I have followed the instruction "just find the trip mileage on the display and hold in the button on the left hand stalk" but it evades me, I know I'm getting long in the tooth, and I shall go back again, but can anyone guess at what the trouble is so that I dont make myself look a bigger prat than i feel

Thanks for any comment

It's should be exactly as they've told you. Using the button on the end of the indicator stalk keep pressing it whilst the ignition is switched on until you get to the trip mileage (not total car mileage) then hold it in for about 4/5 seconds. If you've got the mk7 you'll see each digit (from left to right) be replaced with a '-' until it's '---.-' and then it'll turn to a zero. Only at that point can you let go otherwise it won't reset.

On mine, 09 plate, it's just a normal button bottom right corner of the rev counter, it's very well hidden and you would'nt notice it unless actually looking for it. My girlfriend found it for me but she was sat in the passenger seat and looking at an angle, she was also looking in the place it is on her car and spotted it straight away.

As above I bring up the trip meter by using the left stalk button and then press the button on the bottom right of the rev counter holding it til it zero's.

Hope this helps

Thanks everybody I found the little button on the rev counter and that zeroed it. The handbook didn't say as much just press the stalk, but farther in the book there is an illustration which shows it. I should have spent more time reading!

Thanks again

I'm confused now. I noticed the button on the rev counter but I can zero purely using the indicator stalks, why is there 2 methods for the same job?

I'm confused now. I noticed the button on the rev counter but I can zero purely using the indicator stalks, why is there 2 methods for the same job?

Maybe lesser models only have the "pin" to work with?

Maybe lesser models only have the "pin" to work with?

Ouch!! :o One good thing about a lesser model, no alloys to buckle... :P