Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Just Me...?

tommyboy88

Hi guys and girls!

Has anyone ordered a new Focus Zetec S in the last few months?

I ordered mine way back at the beginning of May this year and I still dont have it yet!!!

Im told by my salesman that its because Ford dont make many in my spec...which I believe is a load of pants to be honest.

I ordered a 3 Door, 2.0 TDCI in Frozen White with Sports Pack and cruise control - correct me if Im wrong but it doesnt strike me as being much of a rarity.

Does anyone know if focus's are currently being delayed for any reason? I was close to pulling out at one point as the initial date of delivery I was given was 1st July 2010. As it neared closer to that date, the salesman called and moved it back a few weeks and this was a recurring cycle up until 3 weeks ago when he called to say it would be off the production line on 10th September (3 days ago) and be on my driveway no later than 27th September. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

If the salesman is true to his word then I shall have the Zetec S in a couple of weeks...hopefully just in time for me to transport my best mate to his wedding in October!! Im sure it would look the part.

Tom

I guess I'm lucky. I was able to find a pre-registered Zetec S with delivery mileage, in exactly the specification I was looking for,

right down to the colour, bodykit, 18in alloys, and privacy glass.

As almost always, the "S" decals were missing, but a quick word with the Ford Dealer soon sorted that out.

When I'm ready to change mine, I'm hoping to do the same again. :)

Possibly the addition of the cruise option is the issue in your case. Though I think it is a good addition myself, always handy on long motorway journeys. I only realised how less tiring motorway driving is if you have cruise, when I bought a Volvo S40. Wife nagged me back to a Focus, and now I miss the cruise.

Was actually toying with the idea of trading my 55 plate Zetec Climate in for a 57 plate Ghia because it had the better 115 engine and cruise. But decided the dealer to PX hit on owning a car for only 48 weeks was to much for me to stomach. Plus I don't like the alloy wheels on the Ghia, or the fake walnut on the dash. No doubt that is why Ford ditched the Ghia as it did not gel with a younger market. I've seen build to registration times of over 10 months on some Ghia's, says it all really demand wise.

Now not meaning to "diss" anybody's personal choices, as that is what car buying is all about, personal choice. Just expressing my own personal opinion. I don't really understand the point in privacy glass, I mean it's not as if your carting Michael Jacksons kids around in the back is it. Not only do I think it looks a bit chavy on small cars, and drug dealer on SUV's, I think it destroys the external visual appearance of the car, especially small cars.

Do like the look of the Zetec S mind, and will no doubt be my preferred choice as my next motor.

Possibly the addition of the cruise option is the issue in your case. Though I think it is a good addition myself, always handy on long motorway journeys. I only realised how less tiring motorway driving is if you have cruise, when I bought a Volvo S40. Wife nagged me back to a Focus, and now I miss the cruise.

Was actually toying with the idea of trading my 55 plate Zetec Climate in for a 57 plate Ghia because it had the better 115 engine and cruise. But decided the dealer to PX hit on owning a car for only 48 weeks was to much for me to stomach. Plus I don't like the alloy wheels on the Ghia, or the fake walnut on the dash. No doubt that is why Ford ditched the Ghia as it did not gel with a younger market. I've seen build to registration times of over 10 months on some Ghia's, says it all really demand wise.

Now not meaning to "diss" anybody's personal choices, as that is what car buying is all about, personal choice. Just expressing my own personal opinion. I don't really understand the point in privacy glass, I mean it's not as if your carting Michael Jacksons kids around in the back is it. Not only do I think it looks a bit chavy on small cars, and drug dealer on SUV's, I think it destroys the external visual appearance of the car, especially small cars.

Do like the look of the Zetec S mind, and will no doubt be my preferred choice as my next motor.

must be taking the mick my local dealer has two in the showroom with the exact spec just sitting there.

wouldnt be trading in my foci for one catch already they are suffering from water leaks into the boot and cabin on these 2010 plate fiestas and theres a fair few faults appearing already from hard to no starting and dodgy electrics they are more style over substance they look really good but i know 4 people with them in varios trims 3 have been back for leaks 1 leaking from the rear lights also the dash was playing up but was fixed under warranty still not what you want with a new car the 2nd is still undiagnosed and the 3rd has had water leaking into the boot yet new rubbers and inspections havent cured the issue and has had various starting issues from turning over and not firing to starting perfectly to not wanting to start at all in fairness the foci has been a very good car but my next car will be a toyota

the foci has been a very good car but my next car will be a toyota

nay artscot you of all people :rolleyes: which one would be you preference in the used car stakes then, and why ....?

Wife had a Corolla once, bought private one owner, it was a really reliable car and nice to drive. Only problem I had with it was after I cleaned the engine compartment. First time I had ever cleaned an engine, anyway when I hosed it down I must have washed some gunk into the alternator. Which now and again must have contaminated the brushes on the armature, as I sometimes got the alternator red light. Never that much trouble that I went to the point of removing it and stripping it down to clean though. ....just give it the odd squirt with some cleaning agent.

nay artscot you of all people :rolleyes: which one would be you preference in the used car stakes then, and why ....?

Wife had a Corolla once, bought private one owner, it was a really reliable car and nice to drive. Only problem I had with it was after I cleaned the engine compartment. First time I had ever cleaned an engine, anyway when I hosed it down I must have washed some gunk into the alternator. Which now and again must have contaminated the brushes on the armature, as I sometimes got the alternator red light. Never that much trouble that I went to the point of removing it and stripping it down to clean though. ....just give it the odd squirt with some cleaning agent.

im quite partial to a corolla to be honest any toyota would do they are super reliable cars the corolla was no1 most reliable car in all its incarnations my old mans had a nissan and all its ever needed was usual stuff tyres exhaust and battery and 1 leaking injector thats been it.

i know people see the toyota as dull but to be honest with you my main thing is reliability thats it it can be dull to drive as long as its got some poke i really dont care althou8gh the foci will do a few more years yet like most if i have the cash spare ide trade it in and get a toyota thats just my persoanl choice.

the foci has been reliable the rear bushes have needed done and a new battery other than that i decided to do the coil pack etc plugs leads filter as a precaution rather than anything else its never failed to start and hasnt let me down unlike my old and supposedly more superior german built vw but the fiesta is a definate no it looks really smart especially in the white but my mates have had enough of theres already 2 havent had fords before and are not impressed with the build quality having leaks so soon after buying the car, it is under warranty but as many ford owners will know warranty means nowt when they cant actually find the cause of the issue each time they think they have it rains and the cars back in which is an inconvenience when its been in 5 times already even the fiesta forum and ka forum have these issues

im quite partial to a corolla to be honest any toyota would do they are super reliable cars the corolla was no1 most reliable car in all its incarnations my old mans had a nissan and all its ever needed was usual stuff tyres exhaust and battery and 1 leaking injector thats been it.

i know people see the toyota as dull but to be honest with you my main thing is reliability thats it it can be dull to drive as long as its got some poke i really dont care althou8gh the foci will do a few more years yet like most if i have the cash spare ide trade it in and get a toyota thats just my persoanl choice.

the foci has been reliable the rear bushes have needed done and a new battery other than that i decided to do the coil pack etc plugs leads filter as a precaution rather than anything else its never failed to start and hasnt let me down unlike my old and supposedly more superior german built vw but the fiesta is a definate no it looks really smart especially in the white but my mates have had enough of theres already 2 havent had fords before and are not impressed with the build quality having leaks so soon after buying the car, it is under warranty but as many ford owners will know warranty means nowt when they cant actually find the cause of the issue each time they think they have it rains and the cars back in which is an inconvenience when its been in 5 times already even the fiesta forum and ka forum have these issues

So put simply for idiots like me ... new fords are crap i can totally believe that after reading and admittedly laffing like a goon at the problems threads on the fiesta forum.

The corolla is an absoutly bloodey bomb proof car my cus has just sold her 03 plate T2 1.4 which over 4yrs has never failed once but now shes got a 2008/57 plate astra sri 1.8 which is what i think im going to be getting next besides timing belts there good cars lovley to drive and bags of power considering its only a 1.8 pecky.

In my view ford dealers are well ... !Removed! they just dont care they want to sell a car then kick u on ur !Removed! out the dealer when i went to buy my focus from a proper ford dealer he couldant hardly answer any of my questions regarding the suspension set up of my car down to the power and 0-60 figs. The new ford cars no doubt about it look ace but theres no substance to them anymore there nice to drive and be in but id never EVER own one even a mk2 focus has absoutly no appeal to me older fords still do and always will. My little mk1 has only ever failed twice one being a water pump (known 1.6 fault) and the rear wheel bearing which is also a known fault on the mk1 focus.

In all im going to the dark side vauxhall here i come.

Tommyboy88 dont be surprised if your dealer tries to screw you around! lol

Rant over!

So put simply for idiots like me ... new fords are crap i can totally believe that after reading and admittedly laffing like a goon at the problems threads on the fiesta forum.

The corolla is an absoutly bloodey bomb proof car my cus has just sold her 03 plate T2 1.4 which over 4yrs has never failed once but now shes got a 2008/57 plate astra sri 1.8 which is what i think im going to be getting next besides timing belts there good cars lovley to drive and bags of power considering its only a 1.8 pecky.

In my view ford dealers are well ... !Removed! they just dont care they want to sell a car then kick u on ur !Removed! out the dealer when i went to buy my focus from a proper ford dealer he couldant hardly answer any of my questions regarding the suspension set up of my car down to the power and 0-60 figs. The new ford cars no doubt about it look ace but theres no substance to them anymore there nice to drive and be in but id never EVER own one even a mk2 focus has absoutly no appeal to me older fords still do and always will. My little mk1 has only ever failed twice one being a water pump (known 1.6 fault) and the rear wheel bearing which is also a known fault on the mk1 focus.

In all im going to the dark side vauxhall here i come.

Tommyboy88 dont be surprised if your dealer tries to screw you around! lol

Rant over!

oh god not an ashtray !!!!!!!!!! from top gear

Vauxhall has worked hard to turn up the refinement dial on the car and have succeeded. But the electrically powered steering seems deadened in the process and the Focus remains the car for those drivers who really like to drive. its engines come mostly from the outgoing Astra though which is a dissapointment no brand new engine in fact an old one. The exception is an all-new, 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine.

The optional sat-nav is efficient enough but won't win any great usability or graphical awards, although at £800 it is good value. The car is relatively expensive, with an entry-level model being pricier than the cheapest Golf. This is odd, since the Golf is made in (strong) Euroland, while the Astra is plugged together on Merseyside. It has the fit and finish of a five-year-old’s home-made robot. it is considered the best astra made but.....will it be reliable its too early to tell yet .

and ignore the new vauxhall lifetime junk its limited tio 100k but requires you to pay an annual inspection fee thats on top of the annual service which to maintain the warranty can only be done by a vauxhall garage and does not include wear and tear most aftermarket warranties do include wear and tear so its not as good as it sounds if the water pump goes in 4 years its wear and tear so you pay for that which by the way must be done by a vauxhall garage with a reciept to prove it to maintain the warranty brake pads must be replaced by vauxhall disks oil changes you name it if you want to keep the warranty they have to do it

oh god not an ashtray !!!!!!!!!! from top gear

Vauxhall has worked hard to turn up the refinement dial on the car and have succeeded. But the electrically powered steering seems deadened in the process and the Focus remains the car for those drivers who really like to drive. its engines come mostly from the outgoing Astra though which is a dissapointment no brand new engine in fact an old one. The exception is an all-new, 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine.

The optional sat-nav is efficient enough but won't win any great usability or graphical awards, although at £800 it is good value. The car is relatively expensive, with an entry-level model being pricier than the cheapest Golf. This is odd, since the Golf is made in (strong) Euroland, while the Astra is plugged together on Merseyside. It has the fit and finish of a five-year-old’s home-made robot. it is considered the best astra made but.....will it be reliable its too early to tell yet .

and ignore the new vauxhall lifetime junk its limited tio 100k but requires you to pay an annual inspection fee thats on top of the annual service which to maintain the warranty can only be done by a vauxhall garage and does not include wear and tear most aftermarket warranties do include wear and tear so its not as good as it sounds if the water pump goes in 4 years its wear and tear so you pay for that which by the way must be done by a vauxhall garage with a reciept to prove it to maintain the warranty brake pads must be replaced by vauxhall disks oil changes you name it if you want to keep the warranty they have to do it

Lmao i wouldant touch a new astra with a barge pole there wayyy to ugly for me i mean ones like this (see photo attached at bottom probs) a few of my friends have them there nothing to exciting but the newest mk1 focus i can get is 05 and next year means that its still 6yrs old i was after something about 3-4yrs old and i just really dont like the mk2 focus, dont want a toyota so in a way i guess im lumbered either with my mk1 or a astra maybe even a civic

post-9491-128440679605_thumb.jpg

Lmao i wouldant touch a new astra with a barge pole there wayyy to ugly for me i mean ones like this (see photo attached at bottom probs) a few of my friends have them there nothing to exciting but the newest mk1 focus i can get is 05 and next year means that its still 6yrs old i was after something about 3-4yrs old and i just really dont like the mk2 focus, dont want a toyota so in a way i guess im lumbered either with my mk1 or a astra maybe even a civic

i see youre predicament personally i would wait till late next year by then any faults with a lot of these new cars will have shown up and youll get a better gauge as to what you want

hmmm cheers guys...bit of a mixed response.

Oh well...lets see what happens in the next few weeks. I guess its "watch this space"

Now not meaning to "diss" anybody's personal choices, as that is what car buying is all about, personal choice. Just expressing my own personal opinion. I don't really understand the point in privacy glass, I mean it's not as if your carting Michael Jacksons kids around in the back is it. Not only do I think it looks a bit chavy on small cars, and drug dealer on SUV's, I think it destroys the external visual appearance of the car, especially small cars

Indeed everyone is entitled to their opinion! :D To be honest Im not going to be making much use of the rear seats anyway, so having the tinted windows just added the 'sportiness' I was looking for. I would have gone for an ST but because I cover a lot of miles it was much more beneficial for me to go with the sporty look of the Zetec S (with the 2.0 diesel). Wasn't too keen on the Titanium.

When/if I get it, i'll stick some pics on!

Any Mk1 Focus owner passing over the Mk2 or the Mk2.5 for that matter. Which is in essence mechanically a Mk2 with a more appealing face lifted front end and ESP added as standard. Is in my opinion [having owned both a Mk1 and a Mk2] missing an absolutely fine car, a better car in fact. And expert opinion backs up that statement, but hey ho it's all to do with personal choice as they say. Me, well I'm still sticking with my next used car choice being the Mk2.5 Focus S, five doors, a bonus if it comes with cruise, and definitely no tints. :D

muncher.jpg

Any Mk1 Focus owner passing over the Mk2 or the Mk2.5 for that matter. Which is in essence mechanically a Mk2 with a more appealing face lifted front end and ESP added as standard. Is in my opinion [having owned both a Mk1 and a Mk2] missing an absolutely fine car, a better car in fact. And expert opinion backs up that statement, but hey ho it's all to do with personal choice as they say. Me, well I'm still sticking with my next used car choice being the Mk2.5 Focus S, five doors, a bonus if it comes with cruise, and definitely no tints. :D

muncher.jpg

OOOOOOOO any day catch il drag ur mk2's sorry ugly !Removed! of the lights and leave you in a wall of noise and dust :P the mk2 is the better driving car if youve got a st or a more powerful zs but the normal lx 1.6's etc are just average ie theres nothing wrong with them they just dont set ur heart racing when u stamp on the throttle.

Tommyboy88 yeah can you stick some photies on ive only ever really seen one white zs before properly

post-9491-128445829828_thumb.jpg

OOOOOOOO any day catch il drag ur mk2's sorry ugly !Removed! of the lights and leave you in a wall of noise and dust :P the mk2 is the better driving car if youve got a st or a more powerful zs but the normal lx 1.6's etc are just average ie theres nothing wrong with them they just dont set ur heart racing when u stamp on the throttle.

FFE, the joke has been done with Photoshop, you using it to alter your plate does not count. Anyway a better use of Photoshop would have been to tidy up that messy bumper of yours :P

Mines got a parking aid system front and back, but you would not know .....neat don't ya think. :D

Drivings not all about stamping on the throttle you know ;)

FFE, the joke has been done with Photoshop, you using it to alter your plate does not count. Anyway a better use of Photoshop would have been to tidy up that messy bumper of yours :P

Mines got a parking aid system front and back, but you would not know .....neat don't ya think. :D

Drivings not all about stamping on the throttle you know ;)

Haha it needs time to fade in to make it look better it could be worse i could of left the trim black then it really would look odd my photoshop thing expired so had to make do with paint :( was purely a revenge thing :P and yeah its neat how much was yours though.

I know its about handling in which case id still thrash you :lol:

I'm not a defender of the mk2 Focus by any means (even though I own one), its got its faults and niggles but it is definately a more grown up car than the mark 1 and better quality. I've said it before, the interior of the mark 1 in my opinion is not that great. Yes the 1.6 mark 1 may feel more agile than the mark 2 (due to less weight) but I'd hazard a guess that the mk 2 1.6 is more refined and well just better than the mark 1. As for the traffic light grand prix, is it not more satisfying knowing that when you need the power (i.e. overtaking on a motorway etc.) you know all you have to do is dap your right foot and your away? FFE, as for your mark 1 Focus, I could drag ur ugly !Removed! of the lights in my 1.6 clio and leave YOU in a wall of noise and dust!

The interior of the mk1 i find not TO bad the mk2 uses better materials inside for sure the mk1's fake leather on the doors and dash is a bit tacky but taste depending the mk2's "soft touch" materials dont do alot for me also the design on the dash its self reminds me of the golf bar the oval shaped air vents that said near enough all modern cars look the same.

I remember looking at a press launch of the mk3 focus in a mag a while back and the design was slated majorly for being a cross between a hyundai and the new vauxhall astra and you could actually see the same light designs and similar creases and shapes on the side profiles on all 3 cars.

The mk2 is an improvement on the mk1 is most situations yes such as cruising and practicality but for point to point country lanes id bet my dosh on the mk1 and yes your 1.6 clio would hammer my focus BUT i see ur clio and raise you a st220 mondeo :P

The interior of the mk1 i find not TO bad the mk2 uses better materials inside for sure the mk1's fake leather on the doors and dash is a bit tacky but taste depending the mk2's "soft touch" materials dont do alot for me also the design on the dash its self reminds me of the golf bar the oval shaped air vents that said near enough all modern cars look the same.

I remember looking at a press launch of the mk3 focus in a mag a while back and the design was slated majorly for being a cross between a hyundai and the new vauxhall astra and you could actually see the same light designs and similar creases and shapes on the side profiles on all 3 cars.

The mk2 is an improvement on the mk1 is most situations yes such as cruising and practicality but for point to point country lanes id bet my dosh on the mk1 and yes your 1.6 clio would hammer my focus BUT i see ur clio and raise you a st220 mondeo :P

Yes but its an improvement on the mark 1 interior never the less.

With regards the ST220, very good car, i think the ST petrol and diesel range is very underated. But I do own another vehicle that will outdo it, won't mention a name otherwise this little segment will go on and on and I don't want to be seen to bashing fast mondeo's as I think they are impressive cars.

Yes but its an improvement on the mark 1 interior never the less.

With regards the ST220, very good car, i think the ST petrol and diesel range is very underated. But I do own another vehicle that will outdo it, won't mention a name otherwise this little segment will go on and on and I don't want to be seen to bashing fast mondeo's as I think they are impressive cars.

Yeah im going to side with u on this i keep hijacking threads! lol and now Tom back to you!

and yeah its neat how much was yours though.

Bought them back in Feb 09 for a Volvo S40 the wife wanted, then felt intimidated by it.... Front and back in total were £105 on eBay, the firm is/was Parking Dynamics. But they are a lot dearer currently, but you can buy rears cheaper elsewhere.

Then tired of the wife saying she wished we had a Focus again :rolleyes: ......anything for a quite life I bought the current Focus October 09. And as you don't get any more at trade in time, I whipped the two PA ECU's out of the Volvo. As PD will supply you with the full wiring, speaker, and antenna kits for a tenner each, if you have bought full kits from them before. And because the wife is now hooked on parking aids, they ended up on the present Focus. I'll whip em out of this when the time comes :D

Must admit though they are excellent for parallel parking. Down in Cornwall in May, we where in a queue of six cars that entered a narrow cliff lane which was signposted parking. But when we got down there it was full, so had to turn round in the width of the lane, no verge just a wall on each side of the lane. Wives where getting out of the cars to make sure their hubbies did not stuff the front or back ends in. You could see them looking at us thinking he's going to hit it, he's going to hit it, obviously they did not know we had front and rear parking antenna on the car :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well after nearly 6 months of waiting, the day has finally come!! I pick up the motor at 12pm today!

Is there a special thread to post pictures on the forum?

One more question, my garage told me that the car was being unloaded from a transporter on Tuesday...I was told it was shipped into Dagenham, I just wondered how then that my car has accumulated 35 miles on the clock already! Im thinking that it was not bought in by transporter but actually just driven from Dagenham to Eltham...that distance is not far off 35 miles!!!Does that seem likely? It would be odd if the garage lied about that...!

It happens hence the phrase "delivery miles" ford etc hire people to drive the cars to the dealer im trying to get a job doing just that at the mo! lol when i worked at the dealer though they were shipped in on the backs of transporters and given to us for "prepping" ie taking all the plastics off and fitting the correct alloys tuning the radio etc.

A good way to tell is how much fuel is there left also is there any crud on the tyres brand new ones of the backs of trannys :P will have immaculate tyres unless the dealers a tip also any squashed flys on the numberplate etc.

Not to sure about there being a special thread for pics i just post them onto the thread.

Before you sign anything check the car from top to bottom aswell! if theres even a single mark on it id go back into the dealer and get him to fix it before you sign anything! really cant stress that enough ford will be dying to palm the car off onto you to the chances of getting a repair are more likely where as after you sign it they just dont care remember ford after sales are knows for being !Removed! (dealer based).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club