Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Central Locking Problems

SkaterStan

Hi, I'd appreciate some advice on a central locking problem.

I have a Mk 1 Focus 5 door. The driver's side lock works fine, locking and unlocking, however the passenger side lock will only lock, not unlock the car. The boot lock does not work with the key at all, the only way it can be opened is with the button on the dashboard. Both keys that I have work fine in the ignition.

In cold weather, the central locking does not work well. You unlock the car on the drivers side, but then have to unlock the rest of the doors from the inside. When the car has been driven for a while the central locking engages and you can hear it click in all doors. Now, this could either be to vibration loosing a stuck component, or something else warming up?

Now, my girlfriend had a problem this morning when she tried to lock the car, the central locking would not work so had to go and lock all the doors manually.

Any ideas on things I could try. I have checked the fuse and believe this to be OK. As for the boot I know that it has had a rear end shunt before I got it, so maybe they have replaced the lock, but not the barrel?

Cheers in advance

Martin

got this off a ford site, give it a try should reprogram your remote key, as for the back lock the barrel can become worn and not work with the key

FORD Focus (3 Button) - Key Remote Programming

1. Switch Ignition On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds until a sound is made.

2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made.

3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound.

4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit.

5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.

got this off a ford site, give it a try should reprogram your remote key, as for the back lock the barrel can become worn and not work with the key

FORD Focus (3 Button) - Key Remote Programming

1. Switch Ignition On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds until a sound is made.

2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made.

3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound.

4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit.

5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.

It's not remote central locking, just normal key operated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club