Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drove A Mk7

Heff

My driving instructor changed his car (5 days before my test!) he's changed from a Mk 6.5 1.4 petrol zetec to a Mk 7 1.4 diesel zetec and I must say they are so easy to drive! The steering fantastic on them, the brakes are too good! I kept braking too much by accident and they are nippy! I so wish I was getting a Mk7 instead of a Mk 6.5 :(

Heff

i did my test in my car, i just found it abit hard looking out the back through the tiny window and the sloping rear side windows... but wasn't too bad having said that

Edit: sorry about that some annoying spelling mistakes in that lol

I did all my manoueveres in it the other day and I would actually say it's easier because the steering is alot lighter I can focus more on looking around etc than turning the wheel.

Heff

The MK7 has massive blind spots when compared to the MK6. You will find when you go back to your own MK6, you will see much easier behind you.

I used to own a mk6.5 zetec that i loved so much and yes i can openly say i love my car and i am not !Removed!, anyway i recently brought a new titanium tdci 1.6 with the dress up kit etc, just wanted to point a few things out.

alot of the Mk7 is based on the mk6.5 afterall ford didnt have that much money when they designed the mk7 the engines are just tweaked versions of the old mk6 ones excl the 1.6 both petrol and diesel which i believe are nicked from the focus and i know the diesel like the 1.4 is from PSC. anyway as i said i loved my mk6.5 and thought it was such a nice car to drive and one of the best selling points was as mark has said the view is much better however i do not regret changing. the mk7 i feel is just more refined and the boost from a 1.4 petrol to a 1.6 diesel has made a massive difference to my fuel bill but still made it even more fun. Yes the mk6 is a brilliant car i dont care what others may say in their renault clios or whatever else they drive better than anything in the time and in many cases even new cars today but then the mk7 takes it just one small step further and i feel it is better to drive than the mini with the same engine i learnt to drive in 3 1/2 years ago.

So should you rush out and somehow change to a mk7, no absolutely not and i would have happily kept my mk6 if it wasnt for the 43mpg and tank of fuel i used each week but at the same time in 2-3 years when maybe you are looking at a new car should you save your pennies and buy something cheaper than a fiesta NO absolutely not i feel even in the next 3 years competitors will not match the mk7 on what it does and has and i love my new titanium so much and when you spend easily 3 hours a day in it every day you will see what i mean it makes a massive difference. so when it comes to you buying a new car id say you should buy a mk7 or 7.5 if its out when you want one but be happy with your mk6 my one made me very happy and as it was my first new car i was very very sad to see her go so dont think to yourself its a shame you dont have a mk7.

oh and i know this is off topic but i have seen you around before talking about body kits etc, if you do stick a body kit or stupid exhausts on your mk7 just remember theres so many faster cars out there and although done right it can look nice dont go beyond nice and look chav like so many people i see (my personal opinion).

If theres anything i can help you with in regards to your mk6 let me know i don't many things to mine and people on here help me with any mk7 questions so i want to help mk6 owners.

Anthony