Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing

WHITEyy118

I started a thread back a while ago asking where I should get my car serviced but didn't get much help :(

So I though I'd ask again with some more info. Basically my car (Focus TDCi 56 reg) has done 40k BUT hasn't had it's 37.5k service yet. So I got some quotes for a major service which are as follows.

Local Ford Dealer (small) : £240, Usual filters changed (plus fuel as it's a diesel) but nothing said about fluids or spark plugs???? :huh: also they said they'd check brakes for £30.

Ford Dealer John Grose (Very large): £259, Usual filters, spark plugs, fluids checked and topped and brakes,suspension and lighting checked. Plus at the same time they'd look at anything else I wanted (not free though).

Nationwide Autocentre : £186 (AA discount), Usual filters, spark plugs and SOME fluids (including brakes).

So is it just simply use the cheapest or should I go to a dealer? Plus has anyone used Nationwide Autocentres before? Are they cheap for a reason? I'm open to recommendations.

I started a thread back a while ago asking where I should get my car serviced but didn't get much help :(

So I though I'd ask again with some more info. Basically my car (Focus TDCi 56 reg) has done 40k BUT hasn't had it's 37.5k service yet. So I got some quotes for a major service which are as follows.

Local Ford Dealer (small) : £240, Usual filters changed (plus fuel as it's a diesel) but nothing said about fluids or spark plugs???? :huh: also they said they'd check brakes for £30.

Ford Dealer John Grose (Very large): £259, Usual filters, spark plugs, fluids checked and topped and brakes,suspension and lighting checked. Plus at the same time they'd look at anything else I wanted (not free though).

Nationwide Autocentre : £186 (AA discount), Usual filters, spark plugs and SOME fluids (including brakes).

So is it just simply use the cheapest or should I go to a dealer? Plus has anyone used Nationwide Autocentres before? Are they cheap for a reason? I'm open to recommendations.

Well isnt the eloy due for a topup at 37thou if thats included seems reasonable to me.

Also if you have a TDCI why would you need Spark plugs?? :blink:

Well isnt the eloy due for a topup at 37thou if thats included seems reasonable to me.

Also if you have a TDCI why would you need Spark plugs?? :blink:

Sorry I just realised what I said. It's because I contacted 1 of the above and they said they would replace spark plugs. Obviously they were referring to a major service for a petrol, but I just compared that to the others LOL. My first diesel and I've only had it 3 months. Luckily I'm better when it comes to the correct fuel.

And sorry I didn't really understand the rest of your post. What seems reasonable? Which 1?

Sorry I just realised what I said. It's because I contacted 1 of the above and they said they would replace spark plugs. Obviously they were referring to a major service for a petrol, but I just compared that to the others LOL. My first diesel and I've only had it 3 months. Luckily I'm better when it comes to the correct fuel.

And sorry I didn't really understand the rest of your post. What seems reasonable? Which 1?

fluids checked and topped and brakes,suspension and lighting checked. Plus at the same time they'd look at anything else I wanted (not free though).]

As the eloy fuild is quite pricey.

Eolys fluid you mean? And mine is a 1.8TDCi 56 reg so I don't think it has a DPF. But I think I might go with them anyway because they include the brake checks for free.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club