Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filler Removal

Parallax78

Hi,

I'm new here so sorry for posting about an already well discussed topic. I have been searching these forums for help on removing my fuel filler. I have the dreaded rust problem and my friend is willing to help fix it for me.

One problem, we cannot get the fuel filler off. I have found the instructions in this forum (remove the screw, turn anticlockwise etc) but mine just will not budge. we have tried everything but I don't want to force too hard incase we damages the fuel flap or worse.

Is there something we are missing? a step we have left out. Any help/detailed instructions would be awesome.

Thanks

P.S. Ford Ka, 1.3, late 2002 model

Hi,

I'm new here so sorry for posting about an already well discussed topic. I have been searching these forums for help on removing my fuel filler. I have the dreaded rust problem and my friend is willing to help fix it for me.

One problem, we cannot get the fuel filler off. I have found the instructions in this forum (remove the screw, turn anticlockwise etc) but mine just will not budge. we have tried everything but I don't want to force too hard incase we damages the fuel flap or worse.

Is there something we are missing? a step we have left out. Any help/detailed instructions would be awesome.

Thanks

P.S. Ford Ka, 1.3, late 2002 model

have you tried twisting it from behind/under the wheel arch?(easy to reach) it will be tight because off the rust.

have you tried twisting it from behind/under the wheel arch?(easy to reach) it will be tight because off the rust.

I thought the rust might have something to do with it, but I will try that. I wasn't sure I could reach it from underneath the car.

I did remove the inside panel and found the sponge filler everyone was talking about. It was soaking wt and rusting the interior. Not too bad though, I dried it off until I can get the fuel filler out.

Thanks, I will try your advice asap

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club