Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Temperatrue ?? - Ford Focus 1.8 Petrol

greggp

Hi, Had an issue recently with my focus (see link here http://www.fordowner...showtopic=16572) so I saw this post and thought I'd try out the diagnostics mode on instrument panel. I have a ford focus 2008 titanium with the Red LED digital display. the problem stated in the link actually also happended last week ago and on inspection I noticed that coolant sprayed in the engine

and the reservoir was on the MIN mark - the garage didn't find anything wrong with and said it was an airlock!

Anyway did the diagnostics test and it all and worked fine - no DTC's came up - however when I was scrolling through all the othe data I noticed my engine temp said 114 C and then having driven it a few miles I did the test mode again and it showed the temp as 135 C.

Is this figure the actual recorded temperature of the engine?

Excuse me for being thick but what does the temperature dial next to the fuel gauge on the instrument cluster measure because the needle on this is in the centre between 60 and 120?

thanks

Gregg

looking on the web (what would we do without google) I reckon I have a faulty coolant sensor. Any thoughts advice appreciated please?

If I'm right this would explain the dodgy idling at certain times and increase on fuel consumption (Have noticed this also.

thanks

ide say so at 135 yiou would be boiling coolant by that time mines is never above 100 the dial is just an average its not exact and the sensor is a mare to get to as the alternator has to be moved to get to it

ide say so at 135 yiou would be boiling coolant by that time mines is never above 100 the dial is just an average its not exact and the sensor is a mare to get to as the alternator has to be moved to get to it

Hi thanks - Do you think this is the most obvious problem or could it be Head temp sensor?

I did another diagnostics test after driving home 15-miles from work this evening (Pictures attached showing data) Fans were running on engine when I popped bonnet also - Car cut out on me approaching traffic lights also but restarted fine. Fuel consumption is significantly down but not had problem of erratic idle for a couple of nights now but maybe that is determined by how long I am sitting in traffic which hasn't been too bad last night and tonight.

Appreciate your thoughts and posts

thanks artscot79

post-17729-052428100 1288897308_thumb.jppost-17729-059691000 1288897333_thumb.jp

Hi thanks - Do you think this is the most obvious problem or could it be Head temp sensor?

I did another diagnostics test after driving home 15-miles from work this evening (Pictures attached showing data) Fans were running on engine when I popped bonnet also - Car cut out on me approaching traffic lights also but restarted fine. Fuel consumption is significantly down but not had problem of erratic idle for a couple of nights now but maybe that is determined by how long I am sitting in traffic which hasn't been too bad last night and tonight.

Appreciate your thoughts and posts

thanks artscot79

post-17729-052428100 1288897308_thumb.jppost-17729-059691000 1288897333_thumb.jp

it really needs hooked up to live diagnostics to see what the sensors are doing its not easy to change the head temp sensor so ide defo not do it unless you know thats the cause it sounds like its overpressurising and its overheating the best advice is get it into ford mate and have it checked you could do more damage by driving it

i agree with atrscot. this is not good considering that it is cold outside. i have got a similar car (56 plate though) and the fan rarely goes on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club