Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner With A Few Q's :)

chris1210

Hi guys,

Got myself a 56reg Focus 1.6 TDCI LX on Friday which is great, just have a few questions if anyone can help me? (i've searched both on here and google and can't quite find the right answers).

1. My car only came with one key (non-remote) and wondered how i go about getting an extra key, but one that operates the remote central locking? My local Timpsons say they can clone the key for £75 - i wondered if i could get hold of a used remote fob, get timpsons to program that for me, and then can i setup the remote myself?? Help!

2. The radio (6000CD) always seems to startup at volume level 5, which is way too loud, but i can't figure out how to adjust the startup volume, anyone have any ideas?

3. Is it possible to buy the blanking plates for the roof bar mounts from Ford? The last owner must have had roof bars fitted and the blanking plates are missing so need to try and replace them.

Thanks muchly! Loving the car, fantastic handling, great mpg and a peach of an engine :)

it is possible for timpsons to do the key (i got 2 done there for £100 - i supplied 2 remote keys). it will depend if your key has the glass cylinder type chip? if it does, go ahead and buy yourself another key but before you go to timpsons, remove the chip from it. for £75 they will fit and program a new chip. then all you need to do is program the central locking

Thanks for the reply :)

So, is the significance of the glass cylinder key chip that it can program the other remote (or program the remote)? How can i tell this, is the only way to pull apart my key? Eek...

Is there a specific remote key that i need?

Thanks for the reply :)

Put the key in the ignition then turn it from position I to position II at least four times within six seconds.

If the car beeps then you’re in programme mode.

This means that when you purchase a new flip key with remote central locking you can programme it yourself using this method of:

Put the key in the ignition then turn it from position I to position II at least four times within six seconds the car will beep once, then press any button on your fob (not the key in the ignition) the second key. The car will beep twice to acknowledge it knows you have a second key. Then switch off the ignition and all you need to do is get the blade cut.

Bought my uncut key on e-bay for £26.00

Id recommend programming the key yourself before getting it cut in case they try to scam you in to buying a chip that they never used,

All of the above information can be found in the user’s manual and it works as I’ve done it on my own car, with additional key problem i have is cant get anywhere in ireland to cut the blade as it apparently has to be laser cut. :D

Thanks for the reply Lenny :)

I tried with the key that i have this morning, and i get the beep when turning from position 1-2 four times. So does this mean i have the 'right' chip in the key to program others?

I thought i needed TWO working keys in order to program another though?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Lenny :)

I tried with the key that i have this morning, and i get the beep when turning from position 1-2 four times. So does this mean i have the 'right' chip in the key to program others?

I thought i needed TWO working keys in order to program another though?

Hi Chris,

just to inform you firstly you can use any key that starts your car to programme a new one, or as many as you want up to 7 keys, its in all ford cars, buy doing the process of turning the ignition 4 times you are activating the learn mode in your cars system

you do need a second key to programme, when you purchase a second key use the one you have to activate the learning mode, then with the new key in your left hand press any button on it,

the car will then beep again to let you know its programmed, then all you have to do is get your new key blade cut to the same shape as your current one. :)

thanks,

Kind Regards

lenny.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club