Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Shaking At 50Mph

peeortsmoof

Hello everyone,

This is all new to me,I have a ford focus ghia 1989cc. 1999 reg.

Recently I have had bad engine vibration when accelerating 50mph to 80 mph.

I have recently changed one engine mount (gear box mount) which was in a very bad state. I also replaced the exhaust flexi pipe which had failed inside the flexi fitting.

Since I have done this, it has had little effect I have now changed the exhaust pipe flexi fitting Twice where they have both failed in the flexi fitting so this tells me there is still alot of engine movement !!!! So do i need to change the other two engine mounts on the drivers side and passenger side ???? Or has anyone else had this problem ????? All reply much much appreciated.

Many thanks Matt

Pop the bonnet, and get someone to rev the living daylights out of it. Can you see the vibrations vigerously?

I would suggest if you have already replaced one engine mount, you should replace on all, as you could find the others are in just as bad a state...

Also, if you can pop the car on ramps, so that you can safely look underneath (preferably with a mirror!) and you can see if you can follow any vibrations in the exhaust...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club