Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Sales Reach 1 Million Units In Europe . . .

Nightowl

The latest generation of the Fiesta, which is also sold in the States, is proving to be quite a hit for Ford in Europe as sales have reached one million units. The milestone was achieved 28 months after the supermini first went on sale in the continent in October 2008. The European market versions of the three- and five-door Fiesta models are produced in Ford’s plants in Cologne, Germany and Valencia, Spain. Ford said that the Fiesta’s cumulative sales in Europe since the introduction of the first generation model in 1976 have so far totaled 14 million units.

According to the company, UK drivers have snagged close to a quarter of the new Fiesta models, with sales since launch totaling 239,742 units. Other interesting facts from the British market include the popularity of the five-door model that accounts for 70% of total sales, the growing percentage of versions fitted with an automatic transmission (close to 10%) and that 76% of the cars were ordered with a gasoline engine.

A couple of points of note: interesting to read that one in ten Fiesta's sold in the UK are like mine - automatic. I seem to recall Ford expecting only 6% to be automatics at the car's launch. Here's hoping then that a 1.6 power plant is not too far off . . . and with a DSG (or similar) box please Ford!

The new Fiesta is getting far too popular. I might have to change it quicker-than-expected at this rate! :P

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-ford-fiesta-sales-reach-1-million.html

Great news for Ford! Have drive the 1.6L PowerShift, very nice, and much punchier than the 1.4L. Fuel consumption too is much better, as the 1.4L needed a good poke to get going. Hope you guys get it soon :)

I would have been interested in an automatic 1.6, I hope they make one.

I do like my 1.4 auto but wish it had more than 4 speeds.

Roll on the powershift box to the UK!

240k in the UK? I feel so common now :P [/joke]

Fantastic! I hope they aren't thinking about killing off the 1.25 Zetec-S engine though...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club