Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Adapters For Driving On Ohe Right

blackbox

I recently took my UK registered 2007 (56 plate) S-Max LX 2 litre Tdci diesel to France. It is necessary to mask your headlights to avoid dazzling the locals. Here are the templates to do this yourself. You must scale the template so that the distance marked X is 100mm long, then the template is the correct size.

The labeling is a bit confusing regarding which template is for the left and right light, ie if they mean viewed from the front, or from the drivers seat. But, here is how I fitted them, which I think is the obvious from their shape. And, I got no annoyed flashes from the locals. Just mark the shape on the lens using a non-permanent felt tip pen, then use electrical insulation tape to fill in the shape.

Be warned, these templates block out tons of the light. Take care if night driving in the rain on back roads.

post-21301-0-38778100-1300011634_thumb.j

post-21301-0-70087800-1300011647_thumb.j

post-21301-0-59057500-1300011661_thumb.j

post-21301-0-34842700-1300011673_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

• 8 months later...

As long as the light pattern complies with European regulations for Continental driving then all is fine.

The beam pattern on UK cars is designed to illuminate the nearside kerb/gutter and directly ahead so when driving on the continent the nearside light becomes the offside and would be pointing directly at oncoming traffic.

If you buy beam adaptors from car parts shops then most of them are only a plastic film anyway.

It used to be that most UK car headlights had the area to be masked off pre marked on the lens anyway.

When i was based in Germany I always used electrical tape and never had a problem.

Of course the other option is to buy European lenses and swap them over, but that's only worth it if you are exporting the car or spending extended time on the continent.

isnt there a lever on the headlights so you can aim them your self?

im sure ive read this somewhere but cant remmember on what car.

Some cars have that option but TBH i've not heard of that on Fords.

Why beam correctors produce a crap light coverage but are still a legal requirement in Europe -

patterna.jpg

patternb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club