Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg Reduced??

ee0u30eb

Since having my timing belt and serpentine belt changed two weeks ago, I have noticed that my fuel consumption has increased. I was consistently getting 530 miles from a tank before the light came on, the last two times it has been 480 and 490!

Is there any obvious reason for this?

Thanks, I really could do with not spending even more money in Ellesmere. I do a lot of miles as a Dads taxi!

Since having my timing belt and serpentine belt changed two weeks ago, I have noticed that my fuel consumption has increased. I was consistently getting 530 miles from a tank before the light came on, the last two times it has been 480 and 490!

Is there any obvious reason for this?

Thanks, I really could do with not spending even more money in Ellesmere. I do a lot of miles as a Dads taxi!

i assume you had a timing belt kit fitted and not just the belt? as the belt wears the timing goes out a bit which will increse youre mpg if it was done right yioure timing will now be spot on so nothi ng will be wrong thats just the correct mpg ide have the timing rechecked if youre concerned if you didnt have a full timing kit fitted then i would the belt never goes the tensioner however does

i assume you had a timing belt kit fitted and not just the belt? as the belt wears the timing goes out a bit which will increse youre mpg if it was done right yioure timing will now be spot on so nothi ng will be wrong thats just the correct mpg ide have the timing rechecked if youre concerned if you didnt have a full timing kit fitted then i would the belt never goes the tensioner however does

Yes it was a full kit... I had it done at the Fraud garage because I wanted to make sure it was done right. There is another variable, which is that I had two new front dunlop tyres, the old ones were badly worn due to some other issue that I haven't yet sorted. Perhaps the old ones had worn to the point of giving less road friction.

Does 490 miles from a full tank to the light sound average for an 02 model, 5 door 95ps diesel engine? (I believe thats the duratorq engine TDDI)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club