Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redex

Jacko5

Hi just wondered if putting redex into my ford fiesta zetec s 56 reg would do more harm than good as I have read mixed reviews on the Internet. And if you should put it in before or after filling up, also would it produce a lot of smoke while driving and if so how long for

Thanks

I own a 2009 Fiesta and I would also be interested to find out if Redex fuel injector cleaner will be harmful to my car. I use to use the Redex stuff in my mk4 1998 Fiesta and it was brilliant!

It will not do any harm and it is very unlikely to cause it to smoke, especially as your car has a catalitic converter. In the old days, when cars had carburettors, you used to poor the Redex directly into the chamber while it was running. That used to make them smoke big time, but boy, did it clean your pistons.

The amount you put into the tank, is insignificant when compared to the amount of fuel you have in there.

Best to put it in before you fill up, only to help it mix better with the fuel.

it all depends on the fuel you use, to see if it has an effect or not. if you use supermarket fuel then you will see the benefit after using it a few times. fuel from the big names such as Shell or bp already has additives which help keep the engine clean...especially the Shell v-power equivs.

but saying all that i have been told millers is better than redex.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club