Photo

Mk3 - How Do I Disconnect A Tddi Injector ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaygee82

jaygee82

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo mk3 90ps

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

hi everyone,

my mondeo is making a mysterious sound and i have decided it may be an injector.

all the info i have read tells me to disconnect the wires off the culprit injector to try eliminate the noise.

however, as far as i can see my injectors dont have wiring ? just a brass pipe coming from the upped fuel pump.

im very confused, how do they know when to fire if they dont have a wire ? there must be a electrical connection somewhere but i have stared and scratched my head for hours now.

please help !

p.s. 90hp TDDI - belt tensioner done and camshaft pulley investiaged - not the noise, DMF - no noise yet, pretty sure its injector.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

you will not find any wires on the injector system on a TDDI,it uses a injector pump which injects the fuel and is timed from the timing belt

its the TDCI which has the wires because its a common rail system where the fuel rail is at pressure and the ecu decides when to fire the injector.

#3 jaygee82

jaygee82

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo mk3 90ps

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

you will not find any wires on the injector system on a TDDI,it uses a injector pump which injects the fuel and is timed from the timing belt

its the TDCI which has the wires because its a common rail system where the fuel rail is at pressure and the ecu decides when to fire the injector.

ah thanks that makes perfect sense !

so remove an injector just involves taking the feed pipe off the back and !Removed! it out ?

#4 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

beware of any fuel pressure that may be in the pipe, undo slowly.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users