Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd

Bluenose.de

Hello,

I want to burn a mp3 to C.D. to play on the 6000C.D. player in my old car.

I know I must convert the mp3 files but what to ?.

wav didn't work so what file does it take.

I would really like your help please.

Thanks and cheers.

I'm pretty sure that unit only accepts audio cds, not data cds (which is what burning wavs/mp3s/etc to a disk is). Your burning software should have options to either create a data cd (as you are at the moment), or an audio cd. I think even windows media player can burn an audio cd, but don't hold me to that!

martyns is right

unfortunately the 6000CD doesn't play data discs, you have to use an audio software package to burn the files to an audio CD-R or CD-RW disc (some earlier units wont accept CD-RW discs, so it will be worth checking first.) You can fit 80 minutes of sound onto one disc split amongst up to 99 tracks. (older CD media had 74 minutes but they are pretty much nonexistant nowadays)

However - Ford did release a "6000CD-MP3" unit (very rare) in the Mk1.5 Focus MP3 special edition - these are very soughtafter on eBay and if you can get one, will fit in place of the standard 6000CD and offer MP3 playback capabilities.

If I was you i would fit an aftermarket head unit that plays mp3 and USB socket. All for under £100 (Includes new fasia etc) I done this for my son in his first car. 1997 fiesta.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club