Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I Go For Age Or Miles??

Marie

I am planning on buying a Mondeo 2.0 diesel 140bhp. On searching the dealers website there was 2 that caught my eye. One is a 2009 (59 plate) with 30k on the clock. The other is a 2008 (57 plate) with 15k on the clock. Both Zetec trim and both the same price. Am I better with the younger car or the lesser milage car?

Also, I will be pulling a single axel caravan with MTPLM of 1465kg, anyone got any feedback for the Mondeo as a towcar? I've only ever pulled with a 4x4 but am looking for something cheaper to run everyday.

Thanks folks,

Marie

I am planning on buying a Mondeo 2.0 diesel 140bhp. On searching the dealers website there was 2 that caught my eye. One is a 2009 (59 plate) with 30k on the clock. The other is a 2008 (57 plate) with 15k on the clock. Both Zetec trim and both the same price. Am I better with the younger car or the lesser milage car?

Also, I will be pulling a single axel caravan with MTPLM of 1465kg, anyone got any feedback for the Mondeo as a towcar? I've only ever pulled with a 4x4 but am looking for something cheaper to run everyday.

Thanks folks,

Marie

I would go for MILES every time. A 2.0L Dsl will pull your caravan fine. Logon to a Caravan club site in regard to the max downward weight on your tow hitch and balance the caravan accordingly. You may use a bathroom scales under the jockey wheel to assist. Also make sure you use a anti jack-knife device between the car and caravan. Enjoy your Hols.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club