• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FIREBALLMCNAILZ

FIREBALLMCNAILZ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: 06 PLATE 20. TDCI (130) GHIA MONDEO

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi my mondy has started chucking out black smoke and lots of it any ideas ? Its not a split hose as iv checked them all :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 GrahamH

GrahamH

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Zetec dtci estate
  • Year: 2006

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hi my mondy has started chucking out black smoke and lots of it any ideas ? Its not a split hose as iv checked them all :(

If the hose is not split - hose to recirc valve that is - then it's likely that the recirc valve(and poss inlet manifold) wants cleaning. I do mine every 10k miles(which I think is a big downer for the tdci). It's not difficult, just a dirty job, and doesn't take long. Lots of prev posts on how to do it. Be careful you don't cross any threads on reassembly tho as they can be a bit fiddly. I did mine at 60k miles first time and it really makes a difference to performance and mpg. If you have the engine without an electrical plug on the recirc valve you can blank it off so you don't need to do it anymore. Unfortunately if it has a plug you can't. Mines 56 plate and I can't:-(
hth's

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users