Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Ford Focus Zetec ?

FIESTA_MAD

hi

i might be getting a focus if i dont go for a fiesta but i thought id post anyways to ask how they drive .

i know there is 2 1.6 petrols the 105bhp and the 125bhp ones .

which would be best ?

is the view over the wheel ok as the wheel looks a little higher than most car ?

the 125 is better because its twin camshaft , so it more economical and torquey lower in the rev range and will 'swap' over to another cam to give u stronger acceleration on full throttle :) feels like a little turbo kicks in :)

also i think you sit lower in the new focus than most hatchbacks, i think there were designed to be more of a sporty than the rivals , if u like something with a higher seating position try a golf of the old shape focus :) but unless you really need the extra space you might aswell save a couple of grand and get an equivilent fiesta and go on a caribbean holiday lol :)

Also Ford a selling offering more discount on the 125ps making it the same price as a 105ps

Hi, I've driven the new focus and I found the seating position the same as my Mk4 Mondeo and fully adjutable. I like the seating position to be high, thus I don't agree with it being lower than the Mk2.5 and I've driven one of those as well. Both the petrol engines are the same duratec Ti-VCT units thus both engines have variable valve timing, I don't think it is possible to 'swop' cams, only the timing. Personally I would have thought the diesel 115ps would be better in the Mk3 as it has more 'grunt' or torque to give better mid-range acceleration than the 105 or 125 petrol. Plus they can be tweaked by a remap a lot easier than the petrol versions. However you need to drive all versions before you buy so you get an idea of what is best for you.

Chris

have you tried to find anywhere to get a drive in the 2.0 tdci because i have tried 4 dealers with no luck

I drove the 1.6 Zetec when it was first launched and although the power delivery was smooth, it was not as lively as the Mk2.5. In fact it was pretty slow.

My Brother in Law has just bought a Mk3 Titanium model with the 1.6 diesel engine and that is far better. Much more torque as suggested by Cuke.

If you do go the 1.6 petrol route, then it has to be the Ecoboost variety, which I think only comes in the Titanium at the moment.

have you tried to find anywhere to get a drive in the 2.0 tdci because i have tried 4 dealers with no luck

Hi, rare beasts indeed...

Chris

most reviews ive saw the driver is not that much over the wheel can this be raised so you can see loads of the road ?

as im thinking of the 125bhp 1.6 :)

just the view out the windscreen that my main worry is .

Hi, you mean the seat or the wheel, both are fully adjustable...

Chris

Hi, you mean the seat or the wheel, both are fully adjustable...

Chris

im 5 foot 10 and jsut asking as i see there driving possition is a little lower than the fiesta .

can i raise it so its fine and not really that low

Hi, I'm shorter than that and I can get the seat in a focus as high up as my Mondeo, plenty high...

Chris

Hi, I'm shorter than that and I can get the seat in a focus as high up as my Mondeo, plenty high...

Chris

enough to see the the nose of the car ?

Hi, to be honest I've never really looked, I don't see the need. I'm not sure if it's that possible with today's pedestrian friendly cars..

Chris

im 5 foot 10 and jsut asking as i see there driving possition is a little lower than the fiesta .

can i raise it so its fine and not really that low

Hi I'm 5 foot 10 as well and I drive a focus ST with bucket seats and its still not that low, I can see fine out the windscreen. Hope this helps.

and most newer fords have very long dashboards

Hi, goes for all cars really, all due to more steeply raked front screens. I've just been out to both my mondeo and our mazda 2 and I cannot see the end of the bonnet in both...

Chris

@ cute ive driven a mazda 3 and 2 and for the life of i cant drive them smoothly , i seem to either stall them or giving them like 4000 rpm to get them off the line , the clutch on them seem to be very stiff and seem very springy like it wants to push your foot up , its a shame cause i really! really! like mazdas, do find yours the same ??

gonna stick with a fiesta as tbh the boot aint that much bigger tbh and it aint worth the extra cash to get the focus over the fiesta.

@ cute ive driven a mazda 3 and 2 and for the life of i cant drive them smoothly , i seem to either stall them or giving them like 4000 rpm to get them off the line , the clutch on them seem to be very stiff and seem very springy like it wants to push your foot up , its a shame cause i really! really! like mazdas, do find yours the same ??

Hi,I have a similar issue with the throttle, but then I'm used to my Mondeo diesel. Strange thing is I can drive the M2 out of the garage up a slight slope without using the throttle at all, due to the anti-stall, first thing. But after that, until I get used to the very light pedal, I either stall or seem to use more revs as well.

Chris

gonna stick with a fiesta as tbh the boot aint that much bigger tbh and it aint worth the extra cash to get the focus over the fiesta.

Hi, you're right about the boot space, but then there is so much more to the Focus, it's not so common as the Fiesta yet either. How much are you going to pay for the Fiesta anyway. I can source the Focus Zetec starting at £13637...

Chris

Hi, you're right about the boot space, but then there is so much more to the Focus, it's not so common as the Fiesta yet either. How much are you going to pay for the Fiesta anyway. I can source the Focus Zetec starting at £13637...

Chris

what i wanna know is can you see as much out the windscreen in the focus as the fiesta ?

gonna test drive both tbh then make my mind up.

• 3 weeks later...

am going to get a test drive and see if i like the way it drive and how the driving possition is ok if it is i will be getting a focus :)

if not just a fiesta still not too bad .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club