Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sye

Fiesta 1.3 Duratec Engine Management Light Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I replaced the spark plugs in my mothers 2003 Fiesta 1.3 today with genuine Motorcraft plugs from the local agent. The car ran like a bag of spanners missing on at least 1 cylinder. I replaced them with the old plugs and it ran fine, but now the engine management light is on and staying on. Can anyone tell me how to get it to go off please?

Cheers

Sye

Hi,

I replaced the spark plugs in my mothers 2003 Fiesta 1.3 today with genuine Motorcraft plugs from the local agent. The car ran like a bag of spanners missing on at least 1 cylinder. I replaced them with the old plugs and it ran fine, but now the engine management light is on and staying on. Can anyone tell me how to get it to go off please?

Cheers

Sye

You may need to take it to a local independant garage or even a ford garage to reset the ECU using their diagnostic equipment, or you could try disconnecting the battery for half an hour and see if that does the trick.

As for the car running like a bag of spanners, what condition are the HT leads in? have you tried swapping the order you put the new plugs in to see if it make any difference?

stef

Thanks for the reply. I had checked the HT leads and they were fine, and when I replaced the new plugs with the old ones it ran ok again. It turned out the local Ford Dealer (Arnold Clarke) had sold me the wrong plugs to start with. After about 10 days the light went out and has been fine ever since!!

You may need to take it to a local independant garage or even a ford garage to reset the ECU using their diagnostic equipment, or you could try disconnecting the battery for half an hour and see if that does the trick.

As for the car running like a bag of spanners, what condition are the HT leads in? have you tried swapping the order you put the new plugs in to see if it make any difference?

stef