Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Road Rage

Steve

Have you ever experienced road rage from another driver? Or have you ever gone nuts with someone?

I find sometimes I can really flip, just when someone really starts to be a pratt... The best incident I was "involved" in is that some one was being a right twirp on my bumper, and trying to run me off the road, little did he know my father in law was in front, so he undertook me and puled in front of me and behind the father in law. Needless to say a nod of the head between us, we boxed him in and slowed him down to 40mph with no where to go - there was another car he annoyed further down the road who joined in and boxed him from the side. You could clearly see he needed a replacement of undergarments... the other driver gave him a few choice gestures and words, and he was shouting im sorry almost sobbing from his window. we eventually broke apart and he pulled off the road and disappeared into the sunset - all this because we were in a 60mph queue because there was an accident ahead and he kept jumping infront of people, at one point I was sure that he had scratched my car but didnt realise till I got home - The traffic was slowing and he was getting agressive and was running almost everyone off the road...

I dont do this as a matter of course, and recently I have learned to get used to it and not react, but sometimes some people need a good kicking.

Bizarely I saw him on the motorway again behind me a few weeks later - same car - same guy - he couldnt give me enough distance...

haha i suffer road rage really bad...heres my list of pinch points:

- audi, merc, land rover sports, lexus drivers - all drive like they own the place and think they can bully the general driver...not one has took my offer to pull over and sort it out.

- Old people, like mega old who dont know what they are doing are all over the road

- people doing 50 on the motorway or on a national speed limit area

- people speeding up when you are overtaking making the situation dangerous...as i will ram them off the road if a car is oncoming.

- Tracktors who see you coming but still pull out making you slam your brakes on.

- people on the phone whilst driving, is it seriously that hard to pull over at the next service station/layby/street to answer your phone safely.

but one thing that does make me laugh...is the frustrated driver...i mean like your trundling along at 70mph on the motorway and an old nissan micra bombs passed you, clearly red lining...if you want to go fast get a bigger car with a bigger engine you morons!!! (thats in general not to a specific person)

and as i was writing it, i could help meself but laugh and call a BMW driver today a word that begins with a W and ends in R, because on a 40mph road, no car in front, will slow down to 20mph then floor it to 50/60mph causing loads of black smoke...mate your engine is bushed and your doing that...get out of my town you tool! lol

not very often but when someone does something really stupid i do get a bit of the rage. was on the motorway and it had been reduced to one lane due to motorway maintenance. it was also down to 30mph because of road workers in the lanes that had been closed.

im not one for slowing right down to 30mph i must admit, but when your passing workmen on the motorway its the right thing to do. anyway this idiot blazes past me at 50mph on the hard shoulder sending all sorts of crap flying up on to my windows and paintwork, could have cracked my windscreen or damaged paintwork9they were big bits of gravel not just dust). sure my car looks like a piece of crap bu thats no excuse. he got a few choice words, hand gestures and flashing lights.

luckily he was going in exactly the same direction as me so tailed him lane for lane and speed. could see him get flustered and eventually he quickly pulled in to a bus stop.

im glad i didnt stop behind him or i woulda done something he would have regretted

not very often but when someone does something really stupid i do get a bit of the rage. was on the motorway and it had been reduced to one lane due to motorway maintenance. it was also down to 30mph because of road workers in the lanes that had been closed.

im not one for slowing right down to 30mph i must admit, but when your passing workmen on the motorway its the right thing to do. anyway this idiot blazes past me at 50mph on the hard shoulder sending all sorts of crap flying up on to my windows and paintwork, could have cracked my windscreen or damaged paintwork9they were big bits of gravel not just dust). sure my car looks like a piece of crap bu thats no excuse. he got a few choice words, hand gestures and flashing lights.

luckily he was going in exactly the same direction as me so tailed him lane for lane and speed. could see him get flustered and eventually he quickly pulled in to a bus stop.

im glad i didnt stop behind him or i woulda done something he would have regretted

I had the exact same thing happen to me when I had my old Punto, it was only a few months ago. They were resurfacing a stretch of dual carriageway, and it went on for a mile or so with just loose gravel. So as you approach the limit goes into a 50mph, just to slow people down, and then once you get to the gravel stretch the limit goes down to 30mph. I was amazed at the amount of people bombing along at speed in the outside lane, and my car kept getting hit with gravel. How inconsiderate can people be? I was only driving an old wreck but that's not the point. It's dangerous because someone could have smashed my windows.

Anyway, some of 'em got their comeuppance the next time I drove along there, two police cars, two police bikes and a Pc with a speed gun :D They were very busy and had two or three cars pulled in giving tickets. Result!

Can't stand tallgates or wanna be waggs in there bmw or audi etc that propbely there drug dealing boyfriend bought them. I rember once comeing back from bradford ploding along 70mph on the motorway and i had some complete idiot in a audi so far up my !Removed! i could'nt beleave how close he was so then the idiot over took me cut me up by jumping in front of me really close and then decided to slam on his brakes for a split second.

If i wasn't driveing a 1.1 clio i would of caught up with him followed him to where ever he was going and knocked the liveing daylight out of him all this because he wanted to go faster and wanted me to get out the way and i refused to has i was already in the slow lane. i reported him to the police but never heared nothing back.

There is loads of things that really get me going on the road.

1) tailgateing idiots

2) people who drive while on the phone

3) people who don't indacate i.e roundabouts

4) people who drive round with their fog lights on when there no fog (including rear has well)

5) idiots in bmw,audi,4x4 etc that think they own the road (you only drive a big car to make your !Removed! look bigger)

6) people you eat and drink behind the wheel and not bothering whats ahead of them

7) people who park on double yellow lines and mess things up for everybody else

8) people who drive slow doing 20mph in a 40mph zone

And there's many more but i would be here allnight lol.

It's just a !Removed! nightmare on the roads these days. There seems to be so many angry and inpatient drivers on the roads, tailgating and constant aggression. You accidently get into the wrong lane and have to move across, you can pretty much be certain some idiot is going to speed up and swerve around you, and stare at you like you should be 6 feet under. It's amazing how people can get so angry and selfish on the roads.

I try and be as patient as I can be, especially if I'm driving behind a learner or something.

It's just people in general to be honest, they're getting ruder and selfish-er lol.

EDIT: Haha :D I've just seen your second post! Love it mate

It's just a !Removed! nightmare on the roads these days. There seems to be so many angry and inpatient drivers on the roads, tailgating and constant aggression. You accidently get into the wrong lane and have to move across, you can pretty much be certain some idiot is going to speed up and swerve around you, and stare at you like you should be 6 feet under. It's amazing how people can get so angry and selfish on the roads.

I try and be as patient as I can be, especially if I'm driving behind a learner or something.

It's just people in general to be honest, they're getting ruder and selfish-er lol.

EDIT: Haha :D I've just seen your second post! Love it mate

I am the same when i am behind a learner at the end of the day we were all a learner once. I think the problem these days now no one has respect for anyone i have learned now if i've a idiot tailgateing me rushing home for there microwave dinner or to catch their wife with the postman i will slow down and if you don't like it either drive to the correct speed limit or overtake me the end of the day i will not risk my life or any bodys elses or even my licence just for one gimp you wants to go faster.

And i get that all the time dirty looks or fingers or aload of abuse when they drive past what makes it funny is i just laugh at them and watch their car wobble when they go mad even more or if i've had a bad day i normally give it back.

Thats only a start with the second post :lol:

Point 5 is a very accurate point in most circumstances! lol. but no I agree, nowadays it takes one hell of a lot for someone to really Peeve me off, but I just dont see the point. I see it as if I am overtaking, if they back off, I will move in and let them get past, but I love to sit there at X0 MPH in the outside lane and leave them there, I dont care if the inside lanes are free, and if they really peeve me, I will let them undertake, drop a cog and put my foot down, and force them behind me again...

... Some people dont like being beaten at their own game...

i hate christian drivers, they dont have to let every sod out of junctions.