Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

andthen

Is There A Hidden Usb Port In A Mk4 Mondeo???

31 posts in this topic

Check your Bluetooth module, it will say USB in the description on it (you will need a torch and mirror or neck strain) if their is not a cable plugged into the Bluetooth unit then don't bother looking for another usb plug it will not exist, note that that some pre usb modules have a usb socket but its for engineering not usb as we no it. you will get more info if you quote module number.

Stoney871 likes this

Yep, if you only have one socket on the bluetooth module then that's that.

If you have two then any usb cable can be plugged in and positioned where you want.

two sockets is not a prerequisite even a usb/ bluetooth module can only have one and still be usb

Hi there,

Just wondering, is this connector for the sub likely to be on my 2010 mondo titanium x with convers+ ?

I also have the Sony 6 cd dab with Bluetooth hands free would this need a software update at all?

Also is there anyway to get the above setup to do Bluetooth audio streaming from my phone as it does the calling fine just won't play the music?

Many thanks

Pete

I did not have a hidden connector on my 2010 Titanium when I updated mine, but whether you have or not the first thing to check is the Bluetooth module that's fitted, unless you have a 8M5T-19C112-Ax (USB version) fitted then no amount of hidden plugs will help.

the last digit x signifies version which should be later than N for streaming from phone,

The original Module should be a 8M5T-19G48-AN and is a straight swap to the USB version with no reprograming and just a standard USB lead, This gives you mp3 track info from memory stick on both the converse and Sony 6CD Dab, well worth the upgrade

Hairy likes this

Like a summer's day up here today and so I've had the glovebox out.

I can confirm it is a ten minute job to remove and refit.

I can also confirm that I have the earlier module 8M5T-19G488-AN so I've got a later 8M5T-19C112-AT coming from that well known auction site that used to have some bargains on it.

Thanks to this forum and it's members I knew exactly what to do and what I needed.