Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juddering And Smoke On Starting Engine

tucker

Hi, when we start our mondeo st tdci 155 the engine judders and smokes abit and sits at about 500 revs for about 5 to 10 seconds, then runs perfectly fine with no smoke or anything,the car has been looked at a little and have been told it is'nt the fuel pump or injectors that are faulty which i worried about at first. A friend has suggested i put a fuel additive to clean the injectors etc will this work or is it something more serious, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bit of smoke would indicate either a gummed up EGR valve (whynns EGR Cleaner should help) posits in the fuel tank / engine block that are not burning correctly, a possible replacement fuel filter, or the DPF (if equipped) may need a good regen (or replacement dependant on mileage).

If you can post details of the car, mileage, service history, any other possible symptoms etc, that should help us to englighten you further...

the car has roughly 64000 miles with full ford service history, and it was last serviced in april by my local ford dealer just before i got the car, a month a go it had a perished hose replaced that was connected to the turbo, but other than that thats all the car has had at fault apart from the current problem, we're going to add some engine cleaner tommorrow and see what happens

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club