Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light

greggp

Well guys back again.....bit sooner then I would of liked!

Anyway had throttle body replaced on focus 08 titanium 1.8 petrol few weeks back at fords. Car been fine and it had eliminated all the problems I was having previously.

Anyway last week someone reversed into driver door whilst parked, car went into bodyshop for repair monday and got back today. Started car up and engine management light stayed on, but didnt flash at all while driving seemed drive ok. Pulled over after a few miles and did a dashboard diagnostics test all seemed fine no error codes showing! Turned off and re-started and drove 10 miles home - when home turned off and re-started and light went off, obviously re-set itself but would like to know why it lit in first place....strange!!! Beginning to think my car is cursed since engine was replaced under warranty last year (see previous posts)

I can understand your cautious side on this, did it only come on once and not again? could be on replacing the panels that they knocked a cable and pulled it loose?

Hi jeebowhite, yes it only lit the once stayed on until about the 4th or 5th ignition turn and then went off. So far so good!! I assumed the same as you, must be sensors in the doors as the display always gives a message as to a door being open.

Good to see its out of the way, hopefully it stays out of your way now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club