Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Starting Problems

paul galway

i have a 2003 1.8 lx petrol mondeo and it is a pig to start on the first go . it always starts on the second go

iv replaced the engine temp sensor and coil pack and plugs and leeds and Distributor Cap and still no joy

and last thing its a pure pig on petrol 20euro petrol gets 110 miles is that right

Have you noticed a marked decline in your fuel economy? Did this start happening around the time you've had difficulty in starting the engine? Also, has there been a noticable decrease in the power of the engine? I'm thinking it could be a fuel leak somewhere, which is not only causing your worsened fuel economy but problems starting the engine has the fuel pressure could be somewhat backing off over night leaving your engine difficult to start, especially in the weather lately as it requires more fuel while the engine is running until it has warmed up.

Is there a smell of petrol inside the vehicle, or outside around the car after it's been parked for a night (for example)?

If it's a fuel leak and what I'm describing sounds a possibility it's a case of looking underneath the vehicle and also around the injector rail to see if there's any visible leakage - it could be a cracked or perished rubber seal around this location or a similar problem underneath.

These are just my suggestions though! :D

Dan

thanks for the reply . i did think it was leaking somewhere and brought it into my mechanic and he said it wasnt leaking anywhere and that was just last week and he replaced the fuel pump aswell and still same problem my mechanic used to work with ford and he has no idea whats wrong with the car . its driving me nuts and i refuse to sell it great car apart from whats wrong with it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club