Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Does The Ambient Light Strip Above The Glovebox Connect?

MartynS

I know there's already many posts around about the ambient lighting and retro-fitting alternative options etc, but I'm still interested in getting the official strip in and working. I found one that was on eBay (Link) a few months back but has since been sold where the guy pulled it from a scrapped titanium, plugged it in and it worked. I emptied and dropped my glovebox today to see where this could connect - the only viable option I can see is a small connector strapped to the side of a big wire bunch on the right hand side of where the glovebox goes (kind of inline with the right edge of this strip). There appeared to be wires in both sides of this connector, but at the same time I believe there were a couple of spare 'holes' where something could be plugged in. From what I recall one of the wires going into the plug was yellow/green, the same colour as a wire going down to where the footwell light holder is leading me to believe it may be related. However, going by the image on the eBay item I don't see the need for the long black wires as this plug is literally centimetres away from where the strip ends...

So, has anyone with a zetec/titanium had the glovebox down and seen where this strip connects? If I can establish this I plan to look for one from scrap vehicles too, only thing is there's no yards near me so would have to get it delivered and thus can't see how it's connected!

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this once and for all!

I know there's already many posts around about the ambient lighting and retro-fitting alternative options etc, but I'm still interested in getting the official strip in and working. I found one that was on ebay (Link) a few months back but has since been sold where the guy pulled it from a scrapped titanium, plugged it in and it worked. I emptied and dropped my glovebox today to see where this could connect - the only viable option I can see is a small connector strapped to the side of a big wire bunch on the right hand side of where the glovebox goes (kind of inline with the right edge of this strip). There appeared to be wires in both sides of this connector, but at the same time I believe there were a couple of spare 'holes' where something could be plugged in. From what I recall one of the wires going into the plug was yellow/green, the same colour as a wire going down to where the footwell light holder is leading me to believe it may be related. However, going by the image on the ebay item I don't see the need for the long black wires as this plug is literally centimetres away from where the strip ends...

So, has anyone with a zetec/titanium had the glovebox down and seen where this strip connects? If I can establish this I plan to look for one from scrap vehicles too, only thing is there's no yards near me so would have to get it delivered and thus can't see how it's connected!

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this once and for all!

Probably not a deal of help but the Haynes manual shows the RH & LH ambient lighting wires as Wh(ite) for power and B(lac)k / B(l)u(e) for earth. The LED strip is not shown at all.

In that case I probably didn't see the right connector then!

Has anyone had a look at theirs by any chance?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club