Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

Had a cracking one earlier tonight when i had cause to pull a car over.
Mobile phone usage - 3 points, £60 fine
Speeding 50 in 30 zone - 3 points, £60 fine
No tax displayed - Up to £1000 fine
No seat belt worn - £30 fine
No insurance - 6 points Upto £5000 fine
Expired licence - £1000 fine
Car siezed and impounded and likely to be destroyed.Posted Image

The car? Aston Martin DB8 Posted Image
The driver? a habitual offender we've been after for a while.Posted Image
Drives like a right a'hole and has no respect for other road users or police. :angry:
I'm of course impartial but boy i enjoyed that one.Posted Image
One less annoyance on the roads, at least for a while anyway. :rolleyes:

Lmao nice catch , but after all your hard work i bet he gets a small fine and a slap on the wrist in the courts.

My Pet hate is having to be driven by the wife !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,961 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Lmao nice catch , but after all your hard work i bet he gets a small fine and a slap on the wrist in the courts.

No, he'll get caned as he also came up as a banned driver (for drink driving)
The book is being checked for aerodynamics ready for launch.
Shame that there is no option for a life ban, he's a perfect candidate.

#48 fordieashx

fordieashx

Ford Traitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Name: Ashleigh
  • Ford Model: Ex Fiesta Zetec S 30th Anniversary Owner
  • Year: 2008

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

change your fog light bulb to a clear one, then when they tail gate you switch it on lol
and see the shock on their faces

:o Ow My God hes put it in Reverse!!

now that would be funny! ^_^

also those idiots that drive round with one headlamp working & there fogs on even if its not foggy! :angry:

#49 Nay ZS

Nay ZS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Zetec S

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

I hope you mean dipped beam and not that you're driving everywhere with main beam on :P

Yes that is what I meant to type. Silly me :D

#50 TcH

TcH

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 61 Zetec S
  • Year: 2011

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

also those idiots that drive round with one headlamp working & there fogs on even if its not foggy! :angry:

After a lot of people have said this, i've noticed more and more people driving round with side lights and fogs on like they are DRLs... I really dont get it.
Had a women earlier cut me up, slow down to a good 20mph in a 30mph zone and then when we stopped at the traffic lights she stalled 3 times, meaning by the time she got going again the lights had gone back red ¬_¬

#51 hula89

hula89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: '09 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

I had one last night. An idiot that was driving at 25 in a 60 but the road was too narrow to overtake as he was driving in the middle straddling the white line. Then when we got onto the wider part of the road where you can overtake I went to overtake I see his car jump down as he drops a gear and boots it up to 50mph! This is while I am halfway past him meaning I had to in the end go faster than 60 to overtake. He then slowed back down and I left him for dead when I dropped back to about 55. People like that are tossers and are gonna cause an accident doing stupid things like that. I know some of you will say "shouldnt be overtaking" but it was clear in the other direction and he was doing 25 in a 60.

#52 Jack7

Jack7

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Name: Jack
  • Ford Model: Fiesta TDCi Zetec S
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

I had one last night. An idiot that was driving at 25 in a 60 but the road was too narrow to overtake as he was driving in the middle straddling the white line. Then when we got onto the wider part of the road where you can overtake I went to overtake I see his car jump down as he drops a gear and boots it up to 50mph! This is while I am halfway past him meaning I had to in the end go faster than 60 to overtake. He then slowed back down and I left him for dead when I dropped back to about 55. People like that are tossers and are gonna cause an accident doing stupid things like that. I know some of you will say "shouldnt be overtaking" but it was clear in the other direction and he was doing 25 in a 60.

The roads I drive its a case of theres only 2 or 3 stretches of road you can safely overtake, and I too get people going 30-35 then when we get to the straight and they see me try to overtake they boot it to 60-70! Its well annoying

#53 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,564 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

After a lot of people have said this, i've noticed more and more people driving round with side lights and fogs on like they are DRLs... I really dont get it.
Had a women earlier cut me up, slow down to a good 20mph in a 30mph zone and then when we stopped at the traffic lights she stalled 3 times, meaning by the time she got going again the lights had gone back red ¬_¬

Some cars now seem to have DRL's that are fog lights at 50% power?

#54 TcH

TcH

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 61 Zetec S
  • Year: 2011

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Some cars now seem to have DRL's that are fog lights at 50% power?

Yeah like the Fabia VRs. But cars from 09 plates back dont, either way i still think it looks ridiuclous, and especially when they dont put their headlights on at night and just leave the fogs and sidelights.

#55 MartynS

MartynS

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Honda Civics - just the look of them annoys me and so do most of the people I see driving them. I've seen a guy round here a few times that will drive down the road with no seatbelt on and talking on his phone. Others tailgate me and generally get on my nerves, Driving back from work earlier a car followed (tailgating) me with its headlights adjusted too high causing me to flip my mirror to the dark side. I thought at first it was a mk6.5 fiesta from the shape of the lights, but after it went a different way at a roundabout to me I saw it was a Civic. Typical!

Another one is cars where one foglight comes on as they go round a corner - the other day on a small roundabout a guy was going straight ahead coming off at the exit I was coming out from hence I had no need to stop, but just as I get on to the roundabout one light lit up on the right side of the car. My immediate thought was that was his indicator that he's just turned on and he's actually coming round into the side of my car. Turns out it was just this one foglight thing as he was 'turning' round the curve of the roundabout.

#56 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,961 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

One of my Wife's friends just got her car written off by someone going the wrong way down a one way street.
I severely dislike also when people come the wrong way in and out of car parks, lost count of how many times i've been heading into my local multi-storey and someone is coming down the in ramp towards me.
Some people really can't read signs, bet they'd see them if they were offering free money though.

#57 Danny87

Danny87

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 Zetec 5-door
  • Year: 2001

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Oh people coming out of car parks the wrong way annoys me too! I mean there's signs saying 'no entry' or whatever, it's so dangerous because even if you are only going 5mph there's still a risk of a bang if you go round a corner and all of a sudden some idiot appears completely oblivious!

I can't remember who posted about people having one headlight working and to compromise they switch on their fog lights, but that's so annoying. I had to laugh once when I saw someone doing this, but he had one foglight not working either, on opposite sides. So it looked like the worst case of 'road camber' I'd ever seen as they approached me.

Dan

#58 MartynS

MartynS

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

And why do they only have 1 foglight working? Because the other one wore out after being used unnecessarily all the time!

#59 mitch84

mitch84

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

Honda Civics - just the look of them annoys me and so do most of the people I see driving them. I've seen a guy round here a few times that will drive down the road with no seatbelt on and talking on his phone. Others tailgate me and generally get on my nerves, Driving back from work earlier a car followed (tailgating) me with its headlights adjusted too high causing me to flip my mirror to the dark side. I thought at first it was a mk6.5 fiesta from the shape of the lights, but after it went a different way at a roundabout to me I saw it was a Civic. Typical!

Another one is cars where one foglight comes on as they go round a corner - the other day on a small roundabout a guy was going straight ahead coming off at the exit I was coming out from hence I had no need to stop, but just as I get on to the roundabout one light lit up on the right side of the car. My immediate thought was that was his indicator that he's just turned on and he's actually coming round into the side of my car. Turns out it was just this one foglight thing as he was 'turning' round the curve of the roundabout.

Auto dimming mirrors are the best invention ever for this sort of thing , although tailgaters get on my nerves I dont have to worry about getting dazzled by there headlights and carmly carry on my driving.

#60 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

So on this subject... When your being tailgated... Do you speed up or slow down?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users