Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previously Running Zetec 1.25 Won't Start In Another Car.

Jimmy_Mac

Hi guys, looking for some suggestions as what to do next! I had a P reg Fiesta and the engine gave up after a garage botched fitting a new timing belt.I picked up another engine from a salvage yard but I have no idea what year car it came out of.I had some initial problems getting it started flattening and recharging the battery a couple of times then it just burst into life. I SORN'd the P reg to the driveway when it started to get water penetration into the interior and picked up a T reg Fiesta. It ran well enough but was a bit heavy on oil. I lent it to my daughter for a while and despite warning her to check the oil she seized it! So I thought at least I've got a spare engine and hired a mobile mechanic to pull the two engines out and swap in the good one.When it came to starting it , it would fire a couple of times as if it was trying to start then there would be a heavy misfire that almost brought the starter motor to a standstill.The mechanic double checked all the connections and can't find anything amiss.There's petrol coming up and a spark at the plugs. It's as if the timing's too far advanced and it's firing on the upstroke.We've tried swapping over the distributor and injector rack but it doesn't make any difference.I wondered about the ECU but given that this engine ran already in a mismatched car could that be the problem? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved! I swapped inlet manifolds as donor engine had no MAP sensor and also swapped crankshaft sensor for good measure.Started first time!

Well done for sorting it and for sharing what the issue was. This may help others who have a similar issue.

Hope it remains reliable after all you have been through with it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club