Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Idling Low And Burning Smell ??

Wickwick10_1

Mate just called - he has new Focus Titanium Eco Boost 1 wk old and tonight the revs dropped very low and feels as though it's gonna cut out and burning smell ? AA told him they won't move it till tomorrow and must re book ? Not a happy chappy !!!!

as i said on a previous post the new foci is showing its issues gradually i believe my neighbours was a wire rubbing on something in the bay but she god rid of it and is reluctant to speak so it could be the same or a update needed

as i said on a previous post the new foci is showing its issues gradually i believe my neighbours was a wire rubbing on something in the bay but she god rid of it and is reluctant to speak so it could be the same or a update needed

AA just been out to him and towing him to Ford - it's showin on the AA's diagnostic as crankshaft issue ????

Ouch ! i bet he is not happy.

I'd be gutted after just one week.

a crank issue i wonder if its the sensor wiring being melted like my neighbours did. it wasnt clipped in so the wire was touching the head.

i have sympathy its not what you want or need after just a week tell him to push for a goodwill gesture...

AA just been out to him and towing him to Ford - it's showin on the AA's diagnostic as crankshaft issue ????

very strange issue on a new car hopefuly he gets a quick diagnostic and fix. spoke to the neighbour and she jus said a sensor in the engine had melted the wires where it was touching the engine so im assuming its the crank sensor as her car did stall and wouldnt restart.

Hi, not had that issue myself but if enough of them occur then Ford will issue a recall.

Chris

very strange issue on a new car hopefuly he gets a quick diagnostic and fix. spoke to the neighbour and she jus said a sensor in the engine had melted the wires where it was touching the engine so im assuming its the crank sensor as her car did stall and wouldnt restart.

The dealer says sensor too ! He had just been over some speed bumps when it happened so maybe the wires had come in clipped and touching something to cause burn smell ? Cost him £25 to put the sales mans Zetec S on his insurance so told him to ask for fuel top up on his for when he collects !!!

they should have gave him a courtesy car on their insurance.it will be interesting to see what the diagnosis is and see if it may be a common issue. it does sound like the bumps dislodged something

Mates car all done crank shaft sensor !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club