Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Focus Tdci (134Bhp) Powershift 'box Issues

1cebreaker

Greetings from Adelaide, Australia :)

We have a 2009 Focus TDCi Powershift. The gearbox seems to be having some issues. For example, when the engine is under load, the clutch consistently locks and unlocks the clutch so the revs rise and fall by 200-300rpm as it does this (under 2500rpm in 4th, 5th and 6th). It can be seen on the tacho, heard and felt, but it's not downshifting (it literally does this locking/unlocking at 2 second intervals). Under more than half throttle while accelerating through gears it also releases the clutch so that revs fluctuate. Some days it's as smooth as I know dual clutch gearboxes are meant to be, but most days it isn't. It also takes a good 3 seconds to go from drive into reverse. Also, a couple of days ago my partner was driving it home about 5kms and it wouldn't get out of 2nd gear in D or tiptronic mode, and wouldn't go into reverse. Restarted the car and it was fine. Is it a known problem? It's currently sitting at a dealer who don't think there's a problem with the way it drives. I don't think they understand how the gearbox works.

Any info would be great!

the powershift box has been well slagged and generaly is contributed to fords decline in reliability. there are technical service bulletins regarding youre issues a pcm update should be done to fix any glitches and fix the slow to respond issue the dealer should know this

Great, thanks for that. Dealers in Australia generally aren't very bright, and this particular model is pretty uncommon here.

i see theres a new pcm power control module programme that should fix the driveability issues

There are no relevant service bulletins or PCM updates for it here... sigh. Time to check it out with Ford Australia.

ford is trying to keep it quiet do a google search youll see its an issue.my neighbour had a lot of trouble with her new foci so much she got rid it was a new car and ford tried to keep the issues quiet

Dealer called. Trans fluid burnt. Progress! (thanks for the info art)

burnt already thats unusual did they give a reason as to how or why this has happened

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club