Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intercoolant Pipes Leak Checks? Focus 1.6 Tdci 06

jonathansims1984

Hi

Can anyone tell me how I would check my car for an Inter-coolant Hose pipe leak??

I looked under the bonnet last night and saw like a coat of misty water mixed with tiny bit of oil on the little thick plastic pipe connected to the main engine block and wondered if this was a sign of Inter-coolant leak?

My MPG has dropped to 33mpg seems low for diesel and sometimes Fan runs but not always.... Odd occasions.

Any help would be appreciated.

You could try a shop with a test kit - but the more fun and dangerous way is to have a friend drive next to you, roll their window down, and then you moderately accelerate. They should hear the turbo whine - if they hear a noise like a tire losing air that only happens when you hit the gas, then you've almost certainly got a leak somewhere in the forced air system.

You could try a shop with a test kit - but the more fun and dangerous way is to have a friend drive next to you, roll their window down, and then you moderately accelerate. They should hear the turbo whine - if they hear a noise like a tire losing air that only happens when you hit the gas, then you've almost certainly got a leak somewhere in the forced air system.

I have checked all the pipes cant find a crack or split anywhere....

I find it kind of hard to believe that Ford put rubber hoses along the main inter-coolant lines though fixed with metal jubilee clips! especially with the vibrations a diesel engine produces throughout a run.

Hooked car up to diagnostics and not getting any codes had EGR replaced new Fuel filter, coolant sensor and has full service history... Just cant figure out why I'm getting 33mpg round town.. Would MAF or MAP fault show on Diagnostics or would it be worth putting new ones on... also if I had a back injector would this cause poor fuel consumption?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club