Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil Pressure Low Message On The Display...

BadboyHouse

Hi all. New member here.

I put the car in the garage tonight having drove home from work. After I turned off the engine I got an "Engine oil Pressure Low" message come up on the centre LCD display. The message went off after about 20 seconds.

I started the car back up but the message didn't reappear. I started the car back up about half an hour later, left it running for a minute or two and then switched off but the message didn't come backup after that either.

I checked the oil dipstick just in case, and the oil was half way between min and max. This was after the engine had been off for about 30 minutes.

It's a 59 plate 1.25 Style, first registered 30/07/09.

I imagine it might have been a one off message perhaps some crap on a sensor or something?

Just wondered if anyone had ever had the same problem?

Hi

Unless you can get it to ford with the message still showing they wont give two hoots.

All i can suggest is get that oil to the max and not a smidge over. see if it happens again.

We both may end up having to change our own oil pressure switches by ourselves.

Jamie

Cheers.

It didn't happen again after two engine restarts so I'll see if it happens again. If it does I'll stick some more oil in and go from there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club