Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X 2.2Tdci Rear Brakes / Suspension

Jezza7

Hi! I need to renew the rear shocks on my Mondeo estate 55 plate. I have also been told that the rear discs and pads are 75% worn. Seems to me that I may as well change the whole lot in one go. Selected Bilstein B4 for the shocks and generic least cost discs and pads... does this make sense?

I think that I need to remove the wheel arch liners to access the top mount of the shocks... haven't looked yet but is this right?

Also, I've been told that I need a windback tool for the calipers so does anyone know whether I need a left hand or right hand tool?

Anything I need to look out for in doing these jobs?

Grateful for all advice received.

You will need both, a left and right rewind tool are required. I think it's the drivers side that's a left hand rewind. Also a general inspection of all the brake components and make sure the hand brake cables are not sticking would be advisable.

Tbh, I wouldn't go for the 'cheapest' discs and pads for the sake of it - stick to a well known make. Remember you get 25% off at euro car parts through the forum if you order online for delivery or pickup. Unless they have any better deals on the site of course.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club