• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Name: Keith
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 Tdci
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi great pity giving up on your focus, its only my second ford in many years, its a quantum leap
over my 1956 zephyr zodiac straight six, it would pass anything on the road bar a garage, 12mpg
I recall on a good day....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 MarioMK3

MarioMK3

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Mario
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 1.6 TDCi Econetic Titanium-X
  • Year: 2012

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

Hi

For last month I was  driving mostly in a city  my  average  mpg  was  46 ( aircon on -all the time ) after  changing tyres for  cheap one  my  mpg got low as a 37mpg

is it posiible that cheap  tyres  lowering  mpg so much ?

#33 coffeeguy66

coffeeguy66

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Daz
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

I've owned 2 Ford Focus's , one was a 62 plate zetec and I was getting 53mpg around town and around 68 on the motorway doing around 65-70 mph so was pretty good. Girlfriend decided she missed her FIesta titanium with power folding mirrors, auto lights n wipers and so we swapped our zetec for a 2011 plate titanium x with all the goodies fitted incl that fancy parking assist where it parks itself ( does work very well actually, albeit a gimmick) ,anyway, I digress, the titanium x wasn't giving the same mpg as the 62 plate zetec despite having the same engine which me and the missus couldn't work out, we did notice it didn't pull away smoothly and seemed to lack power. We took it back to sandicliffe in Leicester and they test drove it and said it was fine so we thought , ok, left it that for a few weeks, ended up taking it back and they kept it a few days with a diagnostic piece of kit and it turned out one of the injectors was faulty , they replaced all 4 and it drives perfectly now and the mpg is around what our 62 plate zetec was giving us, infact it's better by a touch.

Also, I put shell vpower diesel in , it's a bit more per gallon but seems to like it. So, it maybe worth getting a diagnostic on it and see if there is anything a miss with the engine that's causing your lack of mpg, before ours had new injectors I wasn't getting any more than 34 to the gallon out of it which I couldn't work out to start with. Cheers, and I know your post is old but you may read it,

#34 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,519 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hi
For last month I was  driving mostly in a city  my  average  mpg  was  46 ( aircon on -all the time ) after  changing tyres for  cheap one  my  mpg got low as a 37mpg
is it posiible that cheap  tyres  lowering  mpg so much ?

Driving heavy I get 44 mpg, driving normal I get 46 mpg all inner city driving and some a3 atleast once a week

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users