Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Esp Mod Button-Completed

Preee

Well finished all my chores from the wife's must be done while your on holiday !!!!!!.

So tomorrow i'm going to attempt the ESP button mod final test.

What i know so far is that the wiring is in place in my car but terminate's N/S Socket C111 , this wire continues on the ST into the ABS fuse under the bonnet fuse box. What i don't know is if the other 2 wires actually go into the GEM module so only one way to find out and that is to connect the missing link. So tomorrow i'm going to connect the wire. :)

So the switch lights up at the moment but does not turn the ESP off.

I have downloaded the guide made by my fellow Russian experts and will use it to guide me in lol

Fingers crossed. :D

Well finished all my chores from the wife's must be done while your on holiday !!!!!!.

So tomorrow i'm going to attempt the ESP button mod final test.

What i know so far is that the wiring is in place in my car but terminate's N/S Socket C111 , this wire continues on the ST into the ABS fuse under the bonnet fuse box. What i don't know is if the other 2 wires actually go into the GEM module so only one way to find out and that is to connect the missing link. So tomorrow i'm going to connect the wire. :)

So the switch lights up at the moment but does not turn the ESP off.

I have downloaded the guide made by my fellow Russian experts and will use it to guide me in lol

Fingers crossed. :D

Good luck!!

Only thing i will check first , is if the 2 required wires on mine actually go into the GEM , its behind the battery pins 38 & 8 .

The wiring for the ESP switch is fitted to the Titaniums , it's just that the power is not Fed from the ABS , There are 5 wires in total

earth

light

2x GEM

1x Fused ABS

I know the light part works on the switch , if the 2 other wires don't go into the GEM then it will be game off until i can locate some Pins , if they are connected which could be a "NO" then all ihave to do is link the ABS fused to C19 fuse under the bonnet.

Only thing i will check first , is if the 2 required wires on mine actually go into the GEM , its behind the Battery pins 38 & 8 .

The wiring for the ESP switch is fitted to the Titaniums , it's just that the power is not Fed from the ABS , There are 5 wires in total

earth

light

2x GEM

1x Fused ABS

I know the light part works on the switch , if the 2 other wires don't go into the GEM then it will be game off until i can locate some Pins , if they are connected which could be a "NO" then all ihave to do is link the ABS fused to C19 fuse under the bonnet.

Hope this works out mate,

id love to be able to switch off the ESP via a button on the dash too.

Lenny with the Russian guide i have, i translated it :) , even if you don't have the wiring loom its still only 5 wires 2 of which are the lighting for the switch , the 2 wires to the GEM are the problem as may need to connectors. i will email you the guide m8 i translated , its not perfect still a few gobbledegoop words in there.

Defiantly something I would be interested in. It's anoying that my moms vw touran has an ESP button but mine doesnt :/

Hope this goes well for you mate, just out of curiosity how much did the ESP button cost??

Lenny with the Russian guide i have, i translated it :) , even if you don't have the wiring loom its still only 5 wires 2 of which are the lighting for the switch , the 2 wires to the GEM are the problem as may need to connectors. i will email you the guide m8 i translated , its not perfect still a few gobbledegoop words in there.

Thanks mate,

i recognise the brown plug on the guide,

i have spliced in to if for an interiror light feed source before,

so i do have the ESP loom their but i think its just 3 wires i have but ill need to investigate further at a later date.

Defiantly something I would be interested in. It's anoying that my moms vw touran has an ESP button but mine doesnt :/

Hope this goes well for you mate, just out of curiosity how much did the ESP button cost??

The button cost £16.99 from ford ,i have had it a while now , i even tried to get for to activate it , but at that time i did not know the wiring was not complete , just thought it needed activating.

Thanks mate,

i recognise the brown plug on the guide,

i have spliced in to if for an interiror light feed source before,

so i do have the ESP loom their but i think its just 3 wires i have but ill need to investigate further at a later date.

Lenny if it only has three wires , then that is the passenger Airbag light. the wiring for the ESP has 5 wires.

:P Well it's done ESP Switch activated on my Focus :D

Did not go as planned but i have done it.

None of the required 3 wires were in place , my first job was to check the loom at the back of the GEM :( and pin 38 and 8 were not connected. Dilemma was do i stop or continue.

Well i continued carefully drilling out the back of the wire harness to pins 38 and 8.

I used an old USB plug and took out 2 pins and soldered my wires to them.

I worked backwards to the Russian guide.

I will do a guide along with the Russian guide i translated to English.I will add to the Russian guide.

I have also done a video of it working to prove it works. :D .so off to tidy up , food and then i will write the guide.

At long last we Focus owners have an ESP button yaayyyyyyyy

GUIDE COMPLETED:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/35361-guide-to-fit-ford-focus-esp-button/#entry199686

Welldone looking forward to seein it

:P Well it's done ESP Switch activated on my Focus :D

Did not go as planned but i have done it.

None of the required 3 wires were in place , my first job was to check the loom at the back of the GEM :( and pin 38 and 8 were not connected. Dilemma was do i stop or continue.

Well i continued carefully drilling out the back of the wire harness to pins 38 and 8.

I used an old USB plug and took out 2 pins and soldered my wires to them.

I worked backwards to the Russian guide.

I will do a guide along with the Russian guide i translated to English.I will add to the Russian guide.

I have also done a video of it working to prove it works. :D .so off to tidy up , food and then i will write the guide.

At long last we Focus owners have an ESP button yaayyyyyyyy

ill pay for the ferry mate,

if you bring the soldering iron?

ill even make you a full irish breakfast. bowdown.gif

ill pay for the ferry mate,

if you bring the soldering iron?

ill even make you a full irish breakfast. bowdown.gif

I't take him up on that offer, Full Irish MMMMmmmn.

Lmao Lenny , and just what is in the Full Irish breakfast ?

Lmao Lenny , and just what is in the Full Irish breakfast ?

300ml glass of Tropicana Orange Juice.

2 slices of pan fried bacon,

2 fried pork Sausages,

fried tomato

1 Hash brown,

1 fried egg,

400g heinz beans,

1 black pudding

1 white pudding

two slices of batch bread,

and a cup of tea.

well ??

naughty425.gif

What, no soda, pancake and potato bread? :(

What, no soda, pancake and potato bread? :(

hashbrown is potato all mashed up and fried on the pan,

soda bread is not a traditional full irish but i can provide on request, anim_cooking.gif

i believe you guys dont have batch bread neither.

Hmmm , well your a bit tight on the bacon , 2 slices !!! deals off and i hate Tea ! :)

Hmmm , well your a bit tight on the bacon , 2 slices !!! deals off and i hate Tea ! :)

Coca-Cola or red bull ??

and ill do four slices of hickory smoked grilled.

Guys guys guys.

You've got it all wrong.

Mines a double sausage and egg mc muffin meal, extra hash brown and a large latte ;)

:wub:

Ok Lenny i'll pack an over night bag lol.

I have never had white pudding :wacko:

soda bread is not a traditional full irish but i can provide on request,

i believe you guys dont have batch bread neither.

I do as the out-laws send care packages to the wife.

The freezer is full of farls, pancakes, wheaten and many many loaves of batch.

Guys guys guys.

You've got it all wrong.

Mines a double sausage and egg mc muffin meal, extra hash brown and a large latte ;)

:wub:

had a bacon & egg mcMuffin once along with a Tea

wasnt bad i must say but i wouldnt chance the sausages, all cows lips and !Removed! no proper meat in em.

Ok Lenny i'll pack an over night bag lol.

I have never had white pudding :wacko:

seriously?

i prefer it to the black pudding after finding out what both come from i much prefer the white lol

and one last thing before you depart for the emerald isle

http://youtu.be/8kNwvIEQsg0?t=1m20s

In my teens i worked as a Butcher and Slaughterman so i know exactly what goes into what.

I still love black pudding, lovely grub.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club