• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

hi all,
ive recently done some research in to induction filters because i wanted to upgrade the factory fitted one in my focus.
my first choice was to purchase a replacment K&N but after reading about "Green Cotton Performance" and reading what they say about the K&N i went ahead and purchased a Green for the focus.

according to Green.
when K&N manufacture their filters, they use an automated compression tool to seal the filters edges which Green claim can cause the bonding glue to smear on the edge around the filter blocking some of the micro holes.
Green claim that their manufacturing process is more manual resulting in better performance, their filter comes with a 60,000mile life span where K&N claim their filters last the life of the car.
both companys supply self DIY filter cleaning kits but independant advise says "the Green filter is better performance than K&N however the cleani g kit offerd by K&N works best on both brands"

so my question is:
has anyone got a Green fitted? or heard anything about them because im due to fit one soon lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,294 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: Non Ford at the moment
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Lenny. I dont think there is much difference between them. Each manufacturer will always say that thier's is better and will provide evidence to say that. I have put a Pipercross filter on mine and having had K&N's in the past, this is the first time I have had what I feel is a significant improvement. The car revs far more freely and I can definately feel an improvement in power and is smoother through the rev range. Im sure others will have differing results and points of view.

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Lenny. I dont think there is much difference between them. Each manufacturer will always say that thier's is better and will provide evidence to say that. I have put a Pipercross filter on mine and having had K&N's in the past, this is the first time I have had what I feel is a significant improvement. The car revs far more freely and I can definately feel an improvement in power and is smoother through the rev range. Im sure others will have differing results and points of view.

thanks for the advise mate,
this is my first time ever using a performance filter so i wont be able to compare it to any other brand of induction filte.
ive heard good reviews about pipercross filters too.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users