Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet

emlynkide

hi all, i went to the garage today to have my new turbo fitted, and lo and behold the bonnet decided it was going on strike, nobody could open it, the key turns left as normal and unlatches, then turn it to the right and nothing, it wont budge, has anybody got an idea how i can open it without a sledgehamer, we tried losening trhe grill to see if we could get at the lock but no joy, any ideas pleeeeeese

ps its a tcdi 04

hi all, i went to the garage today to have my new turbo fitted, and lo and behold the bonnet decided it was going on strike, nobody could open it, the key turns left as normal and unlatches, then turn it to the right and nothing, it wont budge, has anybody got an idea how i can open it without a sledgehamer, we tried losening trhe grill to see if we could get at the lock but no joy, any ideas pleeeeeese

ps its a tcdi 04

have you tried pushing in the key and try pusing in the grille a bit have had it where it wasnt catching properly when turning to the right

Hi there

Sorry I am not familiar with mondeo's so please can you provide me with a little info? How do you normally open the bonnet? As in is it the same as a focus where you have a swivel badge and open it with your key?

If this is the case and you have the same bonnet lock mechanism as the focus, my guide may be able to help you and can be found here:

On the focus, there is a very common problem where the connection for the bonnet lock simply dislodges, rendering the bonnet lock mechanism completely useless and leaves a lot of us focus owners, myself included, locked out of our bonnets.

As long as it has just dislodged and not actually broken, it is very easy to fix as explained in detail with photos in my guide.

Unfortunately, if the mondeo bonnet lock mechanism is not the same as the focus, I am unable to help on this matter sorry but I'm sure a mondeo owner will be along shortly to advise on this better for you.

have you tried pushing in the key and try pusing in the grille a bit have had it where it wasnt catching properly when turning to the right

yes peter we must of spent an hour or more pushing it and pulling it all to no aviale, but thanks for the input anyway.

hi all, i,ve cracked it, i drilled a 25mm. hole in the indent part where the key goes in and then drilled out the tamper proof bolt heads and hay presto, one turn of a long screwdriver and up the bonnet came, thanks brigante for the hint, there was thousands on google with the same problem, now i can get my turbo fitted.

hi all, i,ve cracked it, i drilled a 25mm. hole in the indent part where the key goes in and then drilled out the tamper proof bolt heads and hay presto, one turn of a long screwdriver and up the bonnet came, thanks brigante for the hint, there was thousands on google with the same problem, now i can get my turbo fitted.

Whey hey glad that helped mate. It seems ford really didn't have a clue when they designed the bonnet lock mechanisms. Looks like it's a wide spread problem affecting focus and mondeo owners alike in a similar way.

Good to hear you got into it though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club