Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Making Funny Noises Whilst Idling

wench

Hi guys, I'm hoping some knowledable person on here may be able to help me.

I have a 2010 1.6tdci Focus as my company car, and for a good time now it has been making a funny noise.

It is most noticable in the morning when first starting the car; when left idling it makes a "chuff chuff chuff" noise from the engine; it sounds like some kind of belt slipping. The sound is not noticable whilst driving (however, does not mean it's not there, road noise may cover it up).

It's been into two garages to investigate the problem. One doesnt appear to have done anything with it; the other one changed the auxilary drive belt. However, it still makes the same noise.

I am pretty sure that there is something wrong with it - it really shouldn't be making a noise like this. Can anyone give me any clue what it may be, so I can book it into the garage again and tell them what to look at?

While its idling push the clutch pedal down if the noise stops its the clutch releaser bearing its a common thing on fords to sort this problem out the guys put thicker gearbox but this problem is normal and nothing to worry about

My MK3 had a new auxiliary belt and tensioner earlier this year because it used to squeal on cold mornings. It does still make some noise on cold mornings, but not squeal anymore. Remember that when it's cold the auxiliary belt will be under more load to run your heater/de-mist/lights etc. :)

I get a whine noise when I'm idling n putting foot on the gas peddle when u rev car it whines mk2 focus 2005 55 plate

post-37890-0-16076700-1352207730_thumb.j

While its idling push the clutch pedal down if the noise stops its the clutch releaser bearing its a common thing on fords to sort this problem out the guys put thicker gearbox but this problem is normal and nothing to worry about

mine does this, so thicker oil in the gearbox would sort it. Or does The release bearing need changing ?

A lot say its jk normal on the focus and fiesta to have gear chatter ?