Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Hid Help.

b1g_dav3

Basically I want to install HID's into a headlight unit, both H1 main beam and H7 dipped beam. I am also installing headlight levelling systems and would also like to integrate some daylight running lights into the unit too. Will eventually work out some headlight washers and such after putting it together.

So here's some questions, please help where you can! Bare in mind, this is going on a project car, and will not be used for road use, so none of the legalities! I just want it to look legal and OEM for effect really.

1. I know I have the projector side of the dipped beam, do the main beams need a projector lens as well to be legal if they came original from the factory?

2. Do I need 2 separate kits for the H1 and H7?

3. Do I need bulb holders for either the H1 or H7 bulbs?

4. Can I rob a levelling kit off any pre-existing cars? Any by rob I mean from the scrappers.

5. Any good DRL ideas? I don't really want the little thin strips on the sides of the headlight units >.<

Thanks, and remember this car isn't going to be for road use, so don't go on at me :P

The best way to do drls I've seen is the way Nath did his which has to cut the headlights open and fit halo rings not sure about how he wired them or got them to stick you'd have to ask him but the end result looked good

Wouldn't mind finding parts used, how they're wired, and how the lens comes off :P

Wouldn't mind finding parts used, how they're wired, and how the lens comes off :P

If you pm Nath or inath as he appears on here he may help you. From what I saw he cut them open and used 55mm led halo rings I think as for the wiring no idea

Was 100mm rings ;)

Wasn't a bad guess considering I've only seen them once

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280624181717&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

So something like those? Do you just need to drill a small hole for the wire then? And how do you get the front off the headlight?

And how do you get the front off the headlight?

I used a Dremmel and cut mine apart.

I used a Dremmel and cut mine apart.

Ah, I may give a go of trying to heat the glue around the edge of the lens before going hacking at stuff, don't want to end up cutting it to bits without chance of then being able to put it back :P

You can try, the headlight will melt before the adhesive does though!

You can try, the headlight will melt before the adhesive does though!

Hmm, was thinking of just a little heat to weaken it slightly, then using some brute force; I have 4 sets of headlights to get it right on :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club