Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo Estate Rear Bearing Replacement Urgent

Maddogpro

How long before it lets go it sounds a dry as the proverbial i have had the caliper off and the noise persists i was hoping pads but not to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Do i look for a complete hub s/h or new or is the bearing a simple replacement with the correct tools?

Replacement offside rear wheel bearing cost me £200 to get replaced, £175 cheaper than my local ford dealership

You were had buddy the part i have sourced is £45 and with the right tools is dooable at home

the rear hub on the mondeo is a sealed unit, so the bearing cannot be replaced on its own.

A good quality replacement will cost you around £100 - £120 new.

only held on with 4 bolts, so certainly an easy diy job. you will need good quality 1/2 drive torx sockets though

You were had buddy the part i have sourced is £45 and with the right tools is dooable at home

Wouldn't say I was "had" considering as someone has posted a good replacement will cost around £100-120 and I don't posses the tools to perform the repair myself. And still much cheaper than Dealership

Wouldn't say I was "had" considering as someone has posted a good replacement will cost around £100-120 and I don't posses the tools to perform the repair myself. And still much cheaper than Dealership

Well, you were had, a bit.

You only need basic tools to do the job - and even if you didn't have them, it would still have been cheaper to buy the new bearing and all the tools to do it as well. Probably the biggest expense would have been a torque wrench as the four bolts need torquing up to (iirc) 90nm.

Hi, my rear bearing went recently on my 52 plate mondeo saloon, dont know if the bearing differs on estates, but I found a site on eBay that only cost about £29 for a new bearing and about £4 postage.

John

I eventually bit the bullet got the complete unit and 4 new bolts for euro car parts £53 inc vat the torx 50 bit was a further £8 a tin of plus gas [similar to wd40 £3 ] SOAKED IT OVER NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......And the job was straight forward dont forget to torque the nuts too 70nm and the jobs a good un thanks too the forum and a bit of courage most things are doable ..........

Be brave after all they are only nuts and bolts .......