Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Belt Change Advice Please...

jeffnat68

Gonna change the aux belt as its starting to wear quite bad.Has anyone any advice or tips on this?Cheers Jeff.

this should help you...

Edited by stef123
Removed due to copyright infringement

to prevent copyright infrignment, feel free to describe it in your own words

All i have to say is if its a stretchy have a lot of fun. And prepare to squeek.

No worries,Got belt from fleebay £16 posted gonna fit it Saturday seems fairly straightforward according to Haynes manual but it states to remove drivers side wheel,take plastic arch surround off etc just thought I may be able to remove and fit it from the top,any ideas for a smove removal and fitting???

No worries,Got belt from fleebay £16 posted gonna fit it Saturday seems fairly straightforward according to Haynes manual but it states to remove drivers side wheel,take plastic arch surround off etc just thought I may be able to remove and fit it from the top,any ideas for a smove removal and fitting???

If it is a stretchy belt then just take the Stanley knife to it that's the easy way to remove it. Then i would always put the belt over the pulleys furthest away check alignment and then tighten it.

Did the belt change today and very easy to do,Took less than 30 mins.Inspected the old belt and found a slice or split right across the belt through the ribs.Good job I thinks.. :)

No squeaky squeeky? My new belt squeeks a little when cold, what brand of belt have you gone with?

Not sure if its squeeking as I haven't driven it yet, just sent missis out to sainsburys for food and wine ..lol. so hopefully belts still on and not sqeeking.Got a gates belt from fleebay not the stretchy kind but with the spring loaded tensioner locked in non tensioning position it was easy to get on etc..Now for the cambelt change.... :wacko:

I think it's the fact that mine is stretchy, i got a Continental belt so I doubt the quality is poor.

• 3 years later...

been along time............. does anybody have any further info as mine needs changing.... i have the belt..... Dayco is the make and purchased from euro.... to fit focus tdci with air con........ also i may need a new pas steering pump as i have had a notification on the dash saying steering failure

what engine and age?

engine 1.8tdci. year 2008

simple enough as long as you can get underneath car to some degree, on the tensioner at the rear you should see a threaded block. find a suitable bolt to fit and wind bolt in carefully(as someone on here went to far and broke the block off.)until belt goes slack enough to remove. do a drawing of where belt routes before removing

refitting is in reverse. job done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what happened. Found out a bolt....   Screwed it in.... It stated to slacken off but not enough to remove the belt.... 1/4 more turn the bugger cracked..... So down to euro and picked up for 50 quid... The rollers on the new one no where near as loose as the old... Fitted... new belt... job done... Keeps new bolt in a labeled bag with service history.. Thanks

It may not apear to be able to remove belt but it can be done without breaking tensioner, at least its sorted now.