Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hxda Bottom End And Hwda

rimmer10

hi any one know the difference in these engines they are both 1.6 16v from 2005 from a focus or a focus c max im after a bottom end for my hxda and have seen a hwda one thankyou

i have answered this but if you want the technical stuff the engines look the same on the outside however the ti vct bottom end has only the same conrod bearings water and oil pump as the standard 1.6 thats all the ti vct has a electronically controlled water oil heat exchanger attatched to the inside of the oil filter housing to aid faster warm up and aid cooling of the oil during normal operating temperatures ,the piston housing the piston pin area are reinforced and the pistons crown thickness has been increased over standard ,there are larger 3.5mm deep valve pockets designed into the bottom end to account for all possible cam timing variations ,the crankshaft was redesigned from an 8 counter weight to a 4 counterweight and the standard symetrical tumble type ports on the intake and outtake were changed to asymetrical ports, the spark plug has been lifted by 1.5mm to make the water galleries closer the head, has different water paths with modified oil circuit and restrictors in each cam gallery, end bearings and cams integrated with a built in vct bridge with increased compression and increased valve llift

the whole engine inside is different it has way different tolerances the pistons are totally different the piston bores have different linings the oil exchanger isnt in the original 1.6 which is required even the wiring to the engine is different as is the ecu so as i said the bottom end will not work you need a ti vct bottom end or whole engine a standard 1.6 will not work as the cam timing will cause the pistons and valves to smash together hence why the ti vct has deeper pockets to prevent this as well as moving various internal parts around

only the same engine will work the hwda is a 100bhp standard 1.6 engine you need the 1.6 ti vct

what about the hdja its a 2010 1.6 vvt out of a fiesta i rang fella today he said its the same engine just any faults they found with the hxda engine have been altered

its a vvt yes but the intake and throttle body are different as is the air intake the cams different and the ecu is diffetent as its 125ps not 115 so again thete will be differences internally to make up for this the master tech it has to be like for like with the tivct as theres so many internal differences between new and old it wouldnt work if you fit the whole engine youll need the ecu to go with it then have everything recoded but the intake wont fit and the fuse layouts different if the guy knew what he was talking about he would know its not the same engine different power output different piston clearances more water channels in the head i know as theres lots if tuning items for the fiesta vvt and speaking to the pros who tune them theres no interchangeable parts as they are totally different as the master tech told me

Dam are the hxda known to be reliable engines or crap mines only done 54000 with full service history and it's goosed

And the hxja engine he has is complete inlet and everything

They are reliable im on 75k cracked piston is either serious overheating or the previous owner attempted a cam fix and failed miserably or used the wrong oil cracked pistons arent common as i said they are reinforced the problem with the hxja is the air intake and airbox are totaly different and cant be retrofitted and the engine is revised so all in all it would fit the bay but nothing would match up you would need the ecu fuse boxes etcetc even then it would never work right the exhaust is different engine map a large list of things wouldnt match up the hxda i know a few at 140k plus

• 1 year later...

Hi every body < i m a new here could someone help me , my eyes will get out because of searching on websites all day my problem is that i have a HWDA 1.6 engine with a Ti-VCT system and all websites says that the engine mounted with the VCT have an HXDA engine code ? how it can be ? could someone help me on this ? another thing , we have two types of engines 100 hp and 115 hp could some tell me what is the difference between both of them without refer to the engine ? and why in some websites the engine Ti-VCT 115 hp is called 115/120 hp ??? i will be thankfull if someone can help me on this

100 bhp is not a ti vct the 115 is a ti vct the hwda is not a ti vct engine not on a 2004 im afraid thats the older engine thats why you cant find the info youre looking for you have a 100 bhp standard petrol engine ti vct is hxda easily identified on the left of the engine facing it there are 2 big solenoids for the ti vct also the throttle body is in a different place the 2004 did not come with a ti vct engine this was introduced till 2005 mk2 focus

thanks for replay , i know that the Ti-VCT system have an extra power of 15 hp, but the problem is that i have a engine with HWDA code and have the Ti-VCT system !!! i don't know how it can be ? pearhapes its a tunning ? ! i do a reasearch and i don't find that 115 hp engines have a HWDA codes !! that's mak me confused ! pearhapes the original engine was a HWDA 100 hp and after some modification the engine become a 115 hp with Ti-VCT !! ( like you you say the modification is by changing the engine head and the piston and add a cooler assembled with the filtre of oil .. ) !!

someone can help me how to decode and understand the code block number : HWDA 5U72757 ?

post-8800-0-21778600-1408966631_thumb.jp

this is the hwda engine a 100 bhp non ti vct engine

post-8800-0-50634600-1408966659_thumb.jp

this is a ti vct engine hxda engine code with ti vct as you see they look very different and internally they are so its unlikely youre hwda has been retrofitted with an hxda top end for many reasons

i see , the engine that i have is with Ti-VCT system but the engine code is HWDA. i think you have reason probably its a HWDA bloc with a HXDA piston, HXDA cylinder Head and a HXDA interchange refroidissment for oil .

if it had a ti vct system it would clearly have these parts which are the ti vct solenoids if you check the other post you have a vct standard ford engine post-8800-0-59547400-1408977946_thumb.jp

if you dont have these its not a ti vct

the problem is not about the identification of engine i know exactly what both engies looks like , i only ask about the possibilty of changing a Normal engine (Original code HWDA ) to Ti Vct engine (with the same Block HWDA)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club