Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plasti Dip

RyanC

Thinking of using it on wheels, door handles, side view mirrors.

Anyone had experience with this stuff?

This is what a guy did to his Fiesta's interior with Plasti/Hydro dipping:

http://www.focusowners-social.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9711

Looks like it works

Not a fan of the patterned effect though but each to their own

What about on the outside of the car is it durable to use on wheels?

Hellbunny plasti dipping and hydro dipping are 2 very different things entirely

Hydro dipping is when you float a sheet of print on water, activate it and dip parts into it. Its whats used for factory carbon fibre prints etc.

Plastidip is basically spray on rubber in a can.

But to answer the OP's question yes it is quite durable n also if you don't like the matt look you can spray on a glossifier after

A fellow member liam20 plastidipped his focus's alloys in matt black and it seems to have weathered really well

and if you do get bored of it, it is easy to remove cause you simply peal it off

Hellbunny plasti dipping and hydro dipping are 2 very different things entirely

Hydro dipping is when you float a sheet of print on water, activate it and dip parts into it. Its whats used for factory carbon fibre prints etc.

Plastidip is basically spray on rubber in a can.

But to answer the OP's question yes it is quite durable n also if you don't like the matt look you can spray on a glossifier after

A fellow member liam20 plastidipped his focus's alloys in matt black and it seems to have weathered really well

and if you do get bored of it, it is easy to remove cause you simply peal it off

Thanks for the info!

Ordering my fiesta st this week and alreading planning my mods :)

I've just bought all the stuff to hydo dip some of my interior plastics. Will post pics if it turns out well

I've just bought all the stuff to hydo dip some of my interior plastics. Will post pics if it turns out well

what print you gone for?

i've been doing it for a while now but the bad weathers halted it for a while now. need to continue dipping my interior in carbon

I've gone for carbon. I've got a nice warm garage to do it in. What has been the most difficult piece to dip or what do you think will be. I think the top dash cover where the display is mounted. Maybe the dial surround. Any tips?