Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Style Starting Issues

cat_r

Hi,

I bought a 1.25 Style a couple of months ago, everything's been great apart from this one problem, I'll try explain best I can but I have virtually no knowledge about cars so bear with me...!

Basically the car won't always start first time. If I just get in the car, turn the ignition for it to start it struggles like mad, and sometimes just completely cuts out after a second or two, I pretty much can't start the car if I do this. But if I turn the ignition a couple of times so that the radio and other electrics come on, and leave it like this for 10-15 seconds, then a lot of the time the car will then start. The car only always starts if I put my foot on the accelerator whilst starting it. Either way it doesn't sound very healthy!

The issue is worse if I haven't used the car for a while, so when I go to start the car in the morning or if it's been turned off for a few hours. I've noticed the car is a lot better at starting if it hasn't been off for long.

I know it isn't really a life or death issue but it's just making me feel like the car is unreliable, is this just the way they're built and I have to in fact use the accelerator to start it, or is there some sort of issue? I had a T reg 1.4 ghia for a few years and never had any sort of issue with it like this, so from going from a really reliable car which I could start and be off in a matter of seconds to one where I have to mess about a bit to get going, its just irritating! Just makes me feel like the car is going to become unreliable, and I would have expected a newer car to start without having to sit and wait for it.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club