Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mods Carried Out

salsheikh

guys, some of you may remember that i fitted bonnet vents but i have now taken them off...and replaced them with carbon fibre type ones as the other fibreglass ones had paint peeling off. The vents were very difficult to remove and i machine polished the bonnet before adding the new vents.

I found a contact on eBay who had a machine and he made some for me and also made me some wing vents too.

I also have some air vent gauge trims but am awaiting delivery of a new vent before i can trial fitting of a gauge

sorry about the quality of the pics

20130531_184608_zpsed8b9c30.jpg

20130530_175215_zps3f7c6077.jpg

20130531_184612_zpsd2c50f76.jpg

20130531_184628_zps7b356adf.jpg

may i be honest and please no offence the bonnet is class and very nice the side scoops dont look right maybe its the way the photo was taken but they look fake if you know what i mean

thats fine Arthur, i prefer honest opinions. Even the real focus wing vents are fakes as they dont pass air and are purely cosmetic!

Another brave modification, one that I would struggle to gather the courage to fulfill... Its looking sleek though!

really i didnt know that i thought they were functional lol a good side pic of the whole car would be better i think its just the angle of the photo but as said youre brave the bonnet vents in particular

really i didnt know that i thought they were functional lol a good side pic of the whole car would be better i think its just the angle of the photo but as said youre brave the bonnet vents in particular

yeah i was shocked too! to take the old vents off i had a flat chisel and a mallet and was truly bricking it thinking one slip and the whole bonnet requires painting. thankfully i didnt slip but the bonnet could do with a respray due to the stone chips.

I'll try and take a good side shot pic - just for you

Hi Sal, could the side vents be heated in order to mould? I am along the same lines as Arthur saying that do not real. As the car has streamline curves it might be an idea to mould them to fit smoother as not to allow dirt behind. Either that or a trick would be to use black silicone if you were tidy with it ;)

Hi Sal, could the side vents be heated in order to mould? I am along the same lines as Arthur saying that do not real. As the car has streamline curves it might be an idea to mould them to fit smoother as not to allow dirt behind. Either that or a trick would be to use black silicone if you were tidy with it ;)

black silicon to fill the gap on the side is something i have thought of...not got round to doing yet!

Not sure if the pre-facelift focus has the same curves?

black silicon to fill the gap on the side is something i have thought of...not got round to doing yet!

Not sure if the pre-facelift focus has the same curves?

The black silicone will look the job Sal mate, no don't think the curves are the same but an indicator stops that idea lol.

I think they look good and brave fella but don't think I would do it my self

Yes I really like this idea! Are these just for show Sal or are they actually allowing air to engine? Sorry if it sounds 'noobish' haha!

Vents look great Sal , like you say you were lucky getting the old ones off , what did you stick them on with ?

Yes I really like this idea! Are these just for show Sal or are they actually allowing air to engine? Sorry if it sounds 'noobish' haha!

Jack, these are functional and have cut outs in the vents, unlike some available on eBay. these allow heat to escape from the engine bay.

Looking good Sal!!!

Thank you Emma

Vents look great Sal , like you say you were lucky getting the old ones off , what did you stick them on with ?

Paul, the old ones were stuck out with Sikaflex Sealant which cures but remains flexible to a point. When prying off the old vents a flat blade had to cut the 'seal' but this proved rather difficult and once a bit broke off i was past the point of no return!

some more photos

20130606_163357_zpsc2d77c42.jpg

20130606_163343_zps94ef5f4c.jpg

• Like 1

that looks amazing mate!! ..you have some balls to go near your car with any form of 'wasting' tool! ..im scared to even machine polish! haha

Car looking great mate! any further mods planned? i suggest some 3M Di-noc carbon, or high gloss black vinyl on the door pillars and wing mirror base plates! :)

A nice idea Sal would be maybe to take the covers off from under the doors and spray them the same colour as the car, I am going doing mine the weekend so will put pics up when complete.

thanks for the replies guys, keep them coming.

Car looking great mate! any further mods planned? i suggest some 3M Di-noc carbon, or high gloss black vinyl on the door pillars and wing mirror base plates! :)

I have just got hold of a new bonnet lip and have carbon wrapped it but am doing a bit of experimenting - i have sprayed a spare peice of carbon wrap to see if the laquer adheres to it and gives it a nice gloss finish. if it dont work then i will leave it as it is.

I might do the door pillars too but hadnt thought of the mirro bases.

A nice idea Sal would be maybe to take the covers off from under the doors and spray them the same colour as the car, I am going doing mine the weekend so will put pics up when complete.

Stephen, looking forward to the pics mate.

i have sprayed a spare peice of carbon wrap to see if the laquer adheres to it and gives it a nice gloss finish. if it dont work then i will leave it as it is.

Keen to hear the results of this...wouldn't mind giving my wing mirrors a gloss finish.

Good work on the latest mods Sal, brave man with the chisel so I'm glad it turned out so well!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club