Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clicking Through Throttle Pedal And Idle Rpm

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I've just bought a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec with approx 50,000 mileage, I've noticed everytime I pull off in my car for the first time of each journey, I feel a clicking in the pedal in 1st gear, its Abit worrying, also I've noticed that when my car is idle it shudders a little on and off and stays at around 800rpm, is this normal?

Hope its not something serious?

Thanks

The clicking when you first pull off in 1st gear would be an abs self check which is normal, mine does the exact same

Sounds like it is missing on idle. This could be down to a number of things from HT Leads, Plugs, Coil Pack, partially blocked injectors, Fuel Filter and the list goes on.

I would check the condition of the leads and plugs first. Then put some Forte fuel system cleaner in the tank and take it from there.

Im aware some 1.6 zetecs have a tiny shudder when sitting idling ford said its due to the way the car tries do lower the emissions and should only be noticeable if sat stationary i had a shot of a 2009 obe that did the same when the engines warm

Thanks for the input guys, I've had plug, spark leads, coil lead and coil replaced as I had spluttering/shunting whilst accelerating, this was all done by the dealership free through warranty, any other option? I've tried putting cleaner in but it just leaks through the over flow... Also do you think its the revs need a slight adjustment?

Or is it the focus that just wants to keep the revs down? I would have thought it'll just be idle/stationary at 1000?

Thanks again

If you do the das trick youll find it idles 740-780 rpm tge mk1 idles 670-730 rpm to keep emissions low that's the correct idle speed and its non adjustable various sensors and the ecu decide the speed with all that replaced youre looking at the 02 sensors

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club