Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Anti Theft Devise Would You Fit To Your Car.

nickjaxe

Some low life kicked my daughter back door in at 2am a few nights ago looking for her car keys...luckily found them right away and drove of in it...its left her traumatised,

I am looking for ideas for a good visible or hidden anti theft device she could fit to deter robbers in the future.

Nick.

Unfortunately if they get hold of the car keys all the antitheft devices in the world won't help you. Id look at fitting additional bolt locks for the house access points aswell as fitting an intruder alarm. Also advise her not to leave her keys lying about somewhere thats going to be easy to find. Personally I keep mine in my room out of sight. Id also look at getting a decent alarm fitted to the car and using a steering lock which increases the chances that someone will look at it and think meh this is going to be too much hassle also having a visual alarm indicator such as a flashing red led on the dash will help to deter would be theifs

Extra door locks would not have helped...they broke the door in 2...and they have a house alarm but they have found that the rear kitchen sensor is faulty hence it did not go off....I think it may have been a blessing that they found the keys right away...just in case they went up and woke them up and demanded the keys,

So what is a good steering wheel lock...I'm out of touch with these things.

Nick.

Something along the lines of this: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=832189&categoryId=165565&langId=-1

Although id keep the key for it seperate from the car keys so that if they steel the keys theyre unable to remove the steering lock and wont be able to get very far only being able to druve straight if they even bother trying to take it lol

I would also advise fitting a stronger back door as well ;)

Cant imagine how your daughter is feeling just now.

I wonder how strong those Halfords steering wheel locks are if the theith has not got the keys...they look good....but its surprising the tricks these guys know.

I

A pit bull terrier in the back seat is a good deterrent

• Like 1

Theres an idea ;) buy a German shephard for the house! They're great dogs and most people would avoid breaking into a house if they know theres a big dog in the house lol

Shotgun's. Lot's of shotguns.

Any lock that is Thatcham approved will be adequate.

Also exterior floodlights and cameras (even dummy ones are effective as long as they look genuine) to deter them from approaching the house.

I keep my car keys in a locked wall case and no way is anyone getting through my doors, solid wood with deadlocks.

If they're brave enough to try then they have to contend with a very well trained Police Malinois dog that bites on command.

After that theres my ASP baton and three shotguns. :)

It would be a very brave person that would try getting into my house.

I also have a Serval, which I really wouldn't want to have savage me if she decided :P especially seeing you need a license for one...

Very loyal and a good guard cat :P

A friend of mine used to have a jack Russell terrier, the damn thing would let anyone in the house,

But just try getting out, the damn dog would have anyone that wasn't family, he even cornered the rent collector one day and wouldn't let him leave, poor sod was there for 2 hours until my friends mother came home to get hold of the dog so he could get out the house.

But seriously sometimes it only needs a sign to put some of them off, something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOB-LOT-6x-DOG-FUN-WARNING-SIGNS-THIS-HOUSE-IS-PROTECTED-BY-ME-Clearance-/171064080804?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Steamers_Cookers_PP&hash=item27d436b9a4

I have signs saying I have dangerous animals on the premises, if people don't want to heed my warning they're more than welcome to go toe-to-toe with puss, at least they can't sue me :P

Years ago we had a Rhodesian Ridgeback, grew up with him and still miss him. A dodgy salesman put his foot in the door when my mum told him to go away. Red appeared and issued a deep growl so away he went with brown pants lol.

The breeder always told us that if another dog got loose while we were walking him, just let him off the lead. Solely in self defence it wouldn't matter if it was a pit bull, a Rottweiler, a staffy, a German Shepard or any other tough dog, he would leap around easily dodging them and just drag them down by their rear end. The Muhammed Ali of dogs.

Drifted off topic so I hope the cops catch the idiots and you never suffer this again. HD CCTV is becoming more affordable now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club