Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just A Money Saving Thought

Oliverb

I paid nearly £400 for new tyres for my focus not too long ago , and as I was just walking around my car checking it over I had a look at my tyres and their tread and they still have plenty left (I should hope so too after not having them done that long ago)

BUT...thinking ahead when it comes to it. As the front will for most people will wear faster I was thinking that when mine get to a point where they still have a decent amount of tread left but have worn to a noticeable difference to the back I might swap the front and the back wheels over...

What do you think ?

Is this something that people tend to do?

Surely it would save money, giving us all the best use out of them for what we have paid out...

Let me know your thoughts

• Like 1

^^I think many experienced drivers do this.^^

I also have a second set of (matching) rims,(8 wheels in total) i swap them round / rotate them and get the most out of them by using the "well worn" tyres in the summer and keeping the good ones for the spring/ autumn,(ive got special winter tyres too) - the extra rims save money in the long run and ensure i have the good tyres when i need them - + ive not had to buy tyres for ages and have a (realatively) large stock of them

I choose tyres that can run both ways and both ways round for maximum flexibility (some tyres are marked "rotation", and/or "inside"/ "outside" - restricts where you can put them )

I keep an eye on the wear with a tread depth gauge and adjust the pressures etc (got it down to a fine art now)

Another chap on the site recently bought winter tyres in the summer - saves money/ ensures they are not sold out when winter comes .

• Like 1

Definately worth the swap, it balances the wear and helps you to get the best, as FOCA said, most experienced folks do it/

• Like 2

i have always done this and i know my parents do it on all their cars. I also do it on my GirlFriends car since its also a ford so i allow myself to take care of it lol

• Like 1

I can't see how it's going to save you money though, the tyres are still going to wear at the same rate and the only difference is you will be buying 4 tyres at a time instead of 2

I can't see how it's going to save you money though, the tyres are still going to wear at the same rate and the only difference is you will be buying 4 tyres at a time instead of 2

I guess you are right !

More of a common sense thought :-P

I have always paid for 4 tyres anyway, it's one of those things that's just better to get done and pay out all at once

I guess you are right !

More of a common sense thought :-P

I have always paid for 4 tyres anyway, it's one of those things that's just better to get done and pay out all at once

I suppose buying 4 instead of 2 should get you a slightly cheaper price per tyre at most places

• Like 1

Most places do offer the discount, but it means rather than running from 8 all round, to 2mm front and 4-6mm rear, you wear them out evenly, which means you dont need to replace two so quickly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club