Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steel Discs To Alloy Discs

WinDrop

Hi all ford club members.

I was browsing the internet for an answer to an issue that I have and i found this forum. Seems to be the best place to talk about Ford Focus huh? :)

Issue that I have is that i bought "16 Ford alloy wheels with tyres.

Now, the problem that I have is that before I had steel wheels and as far as I understand alloy wheels are not quite compatible with bolt patterns. Is that right?

I tried to fit the alloy wheel but i failed because the nut was not big enough.

So the question that I have is. Can I just buy bigger nuts or will i have to do some modifications?

I have Ford Focus year 2001 (as far as I understand it's MK4).

I do appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.

you have a mk 1/1.5 focus not a mk4 as it doesnt exist yet.

alloy wheel nuts are different to steel wheel nuts. you can get the right ones from ford

you have a mk 1/1.5 focus not a mk4 as it doesnt exist yet.

alloy wheel nuts are different to steel wheel nuts. you can get the right ones from ford

Do i only have to change nuts? or will I have to replace bolts to something else as well?

You just have to change the nuts, they have a bigger flange on them , the bolts are the same, the mk1 Focus is 4-stud, you will need 16 nuts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Probe-Replacement-Wheel-Nuts-x-16-WND6-Alloy-Wheels-Only-/400340309772?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item5d3624570c#ht_906wt_921

Ford will probably charge you a fortune for 16 nuts - eBay is sure to be cheaper - those (in link) are zink plated (cheaper) stainless steel ones are better but more expensive

All Fiesta, Mondeo mk1 & 2, Focus mk1 etc have 4 studs, Focus mk2/3 Mondeo mk3/4/5 etc have 5-studs apart from that the bolt patterns are all the same

You just have to change the nuts, they have a bigger flange on them , the bolts are the same, the mk1 Focus is 4-stud, you will need 16 nuts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Probe-Replacement-Wheel-Nuts-x-16-WND6-Alloy-Wheels-Only-/400340309772?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item5d3624570c#ht_906wt_921

Ford will probably charge you a fortune for 16 nuts - ebay is sure to be cheaper

All Fiesta, Mondeo mk1 & 2, Focus mk1 etc have 4 studs, Focus mk2/3 Mondeo mk3/4/5 etc have 5-studs apart from that the bolt patterns are all the same

Awesome,

Thank you very much. I was afraid that I will have to change bolts as well.

Thank you for your help.

you might want to get locking nuts. i got a full set from taper pro - all 16 for aprox £35 all in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club